onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank.

keeled56

His statement suggests 1% which is around 30-35 fans which is probably about right if possible a little conservative as an estimation.

so he doesnt do something because 1% wont like it..... really?

He had more than 35 people not liking how he got rid of page but he still did it... or is that because he was white... and before you start screaming skin colour hasnt anything to do with it... it shouldnt have with JFH either

Once you start to not do something because of racists they start to win

Whatever the % is or isnt it was an absolutely stupid thing to say by a person who represents Port Vale Football Club ... or anyone else for that matter

Advert

but brands the club as a whole... or hole... depending how you look at it.

The statement suggests a larger proportion than in reality, no matter how small he says it is, because he is afraid to do something because of them

Which would then be discrimination, height of stupidity making known all your private thoughts, even though you realize on consideration would be illegal although probably difficult to prove. Twitter is for twittering not profound statements by public figures, no doubt that can be trumpted.

so he doesnt do something because 1% wont like it..... really?

He had more than 35 people not liking how he got rid of page but he still did it... or is that because he was white... and before you start screaming skin colour hasnt anything to do with it... it shouldnt have with JFH either

Once you start to not do something because of racists they start to win

Whatever the % is or isnt it was an absolutely stupid thing to say by a person who represents Port Vale Football Club ... or anyone else for that matter

He chose to do it for a reason, not because some people wouldn't like it. Clearly there would have been issues at some point, you only have to view our history to acknowledge that, however like getting rid of Page he didn't need to say it publically and I don't believe he needed to give into filth like this, simply root them out and banish them forever from Vale Park.

Some people just can't move on and by not attending because they don't like Smurf or the things he says they are the ones that damage the club!!! lost revenue!!

I knew it would be the fans fault... I wonder who will get the blame when there are none left.. the problem is that some have moved on.

PS.... I like smurf... I just think he is a crap owner of PVFC... and the stadium they play at

Sometimes there's no point knocking. Despite all of the evidence that quite clearly demonstrates the damage Smurf has caused the club, some people simply refuse to accept it.
Same with anything, a story changes and becomes fact to most people, the original will never be believed or does not want to be believed except by people who are certain they know the original. Little will change even when the cows come home.

He chose to do it for a reason' date=' not because some people wouldn't like it. Clearly there would have been issues at some point, you only have to view our history to acknowledge that, however like getting rid of Page he didn't need to say it publically and I don't believe he needed to give into filth like this, simply root them out and banish them forever from Vale Park.[/quote']

The reason for the JFH statement?

I don't think that's what NS said/did...he said (and I paraphrase) that he didn't want to expose JFH to that 1%..that it would not be fair to do so. Not right IMO but I believe that's what he said/meant.

That makes it sound stupid... isnt that part of life if you are a different colour/race/religion etc. Its not acceptable but factual... or does it only happen at vale

He chose to do it for a reason' date=' not because some people wouldn't like it. Clearly there would have been issues at some point, you only have to view our history to acknowledge that, however like getting rid of Page he didn't need to say it publicly and I don't believe he needed to give into filth like this, simply root them out and banish them forever from Vale Park.[/quote']

I don't agree there would be issues at all, do we stop having all black players and staff at the club in case there is an issue or do we educate people by making the club a diverse, multi ethnic place to be. Let bare in mind he would of been the first black manager at PVFC if i'm not mistaken. What better way to stand up to and eradicate racism and educate than appointing the clubs first black manager?

I think that Vale fans are far to quick to say we have a problem with fans rather than taking each incident on a case by case basis. If we were to talk to the majority of clubs across the UK, all would say they had isolated incidents but fans would treat them as that. Our fans hear about any incident and all of a sudden we have a massive problem. Lets have it as it is , a few years ago one total weapon said something racist based to a player (one too many i would say) but thats not a problem, its one weapon. The chants to Bradford fans is something that every club used to sing to them across the whole country during the 90's and early 2000's and a few drunk young lads thought it was funny to do it again. Its not combat 18 taking the stadium its a few drunk idiots who are about 17 and daft. Again not a problem, its some muppet behavior and an isolated incident.

Why staggering? the comments were ages ago and referred to our problems v Bradford what? 3-4 years ago...for gods sake let it go!! get behind the team which is the future support the club instead of raking up the past!!

Its difficult to get excited about the 'future' when the man in control of the club has made ridiculous comments such as the ones being discussed.

Archived