onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: FA3 Huddersfield T v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Did better than I expected in that we remained in the game so long but disappointing to collapse at the end as we did at Wimbledon.

We need bodies in this week really! Experienced centre half to organise the defence which is a problem area and strikers.

If the option is Mixu or Brown I would stick with Browny!

Assume you didn't go. Trust me, there was very little effort today

Nope didn't go today, it was always going to be backs to the wall (went Bury, Bolton where we folded from start) didn't catch all commentary but sounded like we didn't just give up (until after the 2nd) as defended with bodies and commitment which seemed highlighted with injuries to Alnwick and Streete.

Not carried away? That was the most pathetic spineless performance I've seen in a long long time. That's me done with vale[/QUOT

I understand your frustration, but being done with the Vale is something I would never even consider.

After 40 years .. losing the love

Nope didn't go today, it was always going to be backs to the wall (went Bury, Bolton where we folded from start) didn't catch all commentary but sounded like we didn't just give up (until after the 2nd) as defended with bodies and commitment which seemed highlighted with injuries to Alnwick and Streete.

We gave up.

Guest TommyMac
Just seen the posts about Mixu as potential manager. If he is appointed that's me done full stop. That would be a truly dreadful appointment and would show that Smurthwaite really does know nothing about football.

What do you mean? Smurf has already offered to buy out his contract with Ferrari.

Alls I can say is brown ain't the man. I know it's not his squad or his players but I was at least expecting some fight and passion of them. Nothing. Same as under Bruno really. We've been dire in every match of his thus far. They were excellent in every department and destroyed us but went made it so so easy for them. Kelly should've been subbed looked totally uninterested. Brilliant as usual from Alnwick. Hope his injury and streets aren't bad otherwise we are well and truly ******. Also if that manager mixu guy is appointed smurf can **** right off. Useless manager would be worse than Bruno. Great ground and club, great following Shame our team couldn't try a little harder instead of giving up at 2-0. Onto next match where I'm sure we will show just as much interest as we did in this. Pissed off.

Smurf please think hard about the next manager. If necessary stick with Brown till the end of the season and use the money to buy two strikers and two midfielders. One to replace Grant as he is looking like he does not want to be a vale anymore. We need players with experience and skill to come in and help the younger players progress.

Disappointing result and depressing to hear about the way we played, which just highlights how we need an injection of fresh playing blood. Coupled with the loss of Alnwick and Streete, this looks as if it's going to get worse before it gets better unless they recover quickly. The only things going for us today were the return of Forrester and the results from the teams below us. We have a game in hand on most of them and their form isn't good, so we might just be saved by worse teams than ourselves. Let's hope Foley returns soon together with a few good loan signings.

The fly in the ointment is what Smurf will do. It's really dispiriting to hear that Paatelainen may be in the frame, just the opposite of the kind of manager we need i.e someone who knows how to win in the lower leagues of English football. Goodness knows what Brown makes of this, trying to restore the team's fortunes while Smurf is hosting a potential rival. Less than impressive.

Archived