onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno out now!!!!

Biddulph_PV

There is no sense in changing the manager if you are not going to give him time to establish a team - less than half a season is nonsense. What this club needs above all is stability which it has not had since Valiant 2001 took over. It also needs supporters of the calibre of the Wimbledon supporters whose response to adversity (some would say theft) was to knuckle down and rebuild from scratch. I fear the response of the majority of Vale supporters to adversity is to destroy.

Stability is the key. Anyone with any ounce of football knowledge and common sense would know that to change a manager and most of the squad and replace them with largely inexperienced players from other countries is not a recipe for an immediate top 6 finish. Yet we hear our chairman say that we have to be top 6 by Xmas otherwise it's plan B.

If you're going to go with a drastic change like we've experienced then it needs some patience and commitment to see it through from everyone involved at the club and the fans to back the manager. But again we all know that's something that's never going to happen because it seems everyone wants to see instant success.

Advert

We all know that despite the sceptism we had at the appointment and recruitment policy, that we still had goodwill towards it and wanted it to work. But that would soon wear off if results and performances turned for the worse. Now they have.

The chairman shouldn't have put the top 6 Xmas plan B comment out there. If he isn't willing to back him and see it though then we are back to square one again. But fans voting with their feet, performances at a low will force the chairmans hand.

Of course the manager hasn't helped himself with tactics and selections, but with recent comments about the experience and positions they need in the squad I wonder how much of a say Bruno had in any of the summer transfers.

I'm usually very fair and don't overreact after one or two bad games... However having gone today I witnessed us lose 4-0 to a side who really had very little. I know the whole 'it's the worst performance I've ever seen' is overused but to concede 4 to them and threaten so little... that was the single worst performance I've seen from a Vale side. Nothing anywhere except Alnwick who stopped it from being 8.

We are a joke at present, and it will get worse before it gets better, the club is in decline,period.There is an air of doom and gloom about the place, not a pleasant environment for the supporters or the staff, an expected battering at Huddersfield will just about crown the most dismal season I've watched since the worst of the Glover and Gannon era's, pure turgid pish.

Which games, specifically, have you watched?

Let's get real here, Smurf has no idea what to do. Appointing Bruno was a gamble that hasn't worked. Do we honestly think that Smurf has the remotest idea of what to do next?

Me neither! Plan B, C ........Y,Z it's all fiction and a load of spherical objects.

Time for some root and branch decisions Smurf - are you up for it and are your pockets deep enough to rectify the results of some of your more disaterous decisions- I wonder

I have to admit I supported Bruno up until today, I am a season ticket holder and have endured some of our away performances Bolton being one.

So what are the options looking at the list of managers out of work there is hope, I've picked 3 that appeal to me for different reasons. Steve Cotteril, Kenny Jacket and Billy Davies. Thoughts ???

I have to admit I supported Bruno up until today, I am a season ticket holder and have endured some of our away performances Bolton being one.

So what are the options looking at the list of managers out of work there is hope, I've picked 3 that appeal to me for different reasons. Steve Cotteril, Kenny Jacket and Billy Davies. Thoughts ???

Quiteral? no thank you.

Jackett? decent but also a quitter

Davies? no thank you

People will say Rowett, JFH etc but they are waaaay out of reach.

No sure who the answer is but its none of the three you mention.

I think time is a variable in this situation... Im pretty sure that if bruno was making changes to find the best of what we have people would probably allow more time than if he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again and thinking it will improve on its own.

I havent read much that suggests he makes changes, unless forced by injury etc, persisting with a formation that doesnt seem to work, continually playing players out of position, relying on one or two players to save us from embarrassment seems stuck in a relentless circle.

I dont know if he should go or not and I have no idea who could replace him given financial restrictions and existing contracts....

Archived