onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Searching Before Games

pjg1876

Advert

Can't see what the problem is,it's a sign of the times and a security measure.If you've got nothing to hide,you've nothing to fear.

It is the thin end of the wedge so I take it you would be happy to be searched entering a major shopping centre? I bet there were several more people in the Potteries Shopping Centre yesterday than at Vale Park and more chance of a major incident yet there would be hell to play if everyone was searched before entering.

It may be a security measure but is it necessary. Please inform me of the last major incident in the home areas of Vale Park.

Does anyone know if stewards are legally allowed to search people.

I wondered this yesterday,has it actually been challenged,i mean even the police have to have a good reason to stop and search,i would love to know what powers stewards have outside the ground? I aren't against searching tbh but there are one or two outside the paddock who go a bit ott with the search.

Also is there more of a weapon than an umbrella yet they are allowed in but not a plastic bottle with a top on.

Are stewards identifiable in any way? Police have numbers - do stewards? Do stewards have to be DBS checked if they are going to do physical searches? If not, should they be? Should a steward be allowed to search someone of the opposite sex?

Finally, why have I never been searched at Vale but frequently searched at away grounds? I actually refused to be searched at Oxford once because I had walked around the ground and none of the home fans were being searched. I simply refused on the grounds that the searching was discriminatory and walked through the turnstile.

This whole issue needs clarifying with all clubs.

Are stewards identifiable in any way? Police have numbers - do stewards? Do stewards have to be DBS checked if they are going to do physical searches? If not, should they be? Should a steward be allowed to search someone of the opposite sex?

Finally, why have I never been searched at Vale but frequently searched at away grounds? I actually refused to be searched at Oxford once because I had walked around the ground and none of the home fans were being searched. I simply refused on the grounds that the searching was discriminatory and walked through the turnstile.

Well my 15 year old son got searched by a female steward. Their would be uproar if a male steward searched a 15 year old girl.

I agree Jean but it begs the question why it is necessary. I am still waiting for an answer as to when was the last major incident in the home fans areas at Vale Park. As you know, my family used to attend home and away games every week as you do. Been to one away game in the last two years (6 miles from home), unlikely to go any this season as they got promoted.

Not saying that searching is the sole reason for not going anymore but it is tiresome and I must admit that to stop now attending home matches would not be a great problem for me. It would save me some money too!

Match days use to be enjoyable but becoming more of a chore these days. Not surprised that attendances are struggling as more and more red tape is introduced.

Guest TommyMac
Good for you but what will you do if you are refused entry? Wonder if you can get your money back!

If I am refused entry I will request a refund but I won't return until the searches stop. Like yourself, I can't remember the last time there was a problem in the home ends at VP.

No they are not. It is only the police under strict guidelines

Stop and Search.

The police have the right to stop and search you outside the ground if they have 'reasonable suspicion' that you have committed a criminal offence, or if a senior officer believes that there is a likely incident of serious violence in the area'.

You can also be searched as you enter the ground and have personal items confiscated.

These include banners with poles, flares, bottles, cameras etc. You may experience great difficulty in getting your possessions back after the game. You are advised to get written permission from the club before attempting to bring in large flags, musical instruments etc.

Where you can be searched

The police can search you in any place that is generally open to the public. This means they can search you anywhere other than your home and your garden, or the home or garden of someone who has given you permission to be there.

It is the thin end of the wedge so I take it you would be happy to be searched entering a major shopping centre? I bet there were several more people in the Potteries Shopping Centre yesterday than at Vale Park and more chance of a major incident yet there would be hell to play if everyone was searched before entering.

It may be a security measure but is it necessary. Please inform me of the last major incident in the home areas of Vale Park.

It's necessary if the intelligence says it is and the last major incident isn't the one you have to worry about,it's the next one,so prevention is better than cure.

We used to have the Pie Police in the Lorne Street where they had 3 Pie Police stopping fans going into the disabled stand to buy the food instead of waiting in the queues in the Lorne Street bar area.A bit of common sense and less of the "you do what we say " attitude would be surfice.

We used to have the Pie Police in the Lorne Street where they had 3 Pie Police stopping fans going into the disabled stand to buy the food instead of waiting in the queues in the Lorne Street bar area.A bit of common sense and less of the "you do what we say " attitude would be surfice.

Pie Police ? Were they having a '' Staek out '' then ??

I'm pretty sure that Ground Regulations at most clubs stipulate that admission to the stadium is subject to said regulations. Thus, if a search is deemed necessary (by them) and you refuse then they would in theory turn you away.

If I'm feeling narky I sometimes ask that the police do the search if they are in the vicinity.

Archived