onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Searching Before Games

pjg1876

Advert

They used to "meat" in a secret location somewhere in Lamb Street?

So the secret pie police were having a '' Butchers '' then, they will never earn their '' crust '' and its about time they were read the '' Wrights pie act '' but be careful Bezza, some of the Pie Police have recently been reprimanded for telling '' Porkies '' !!!!!!!!!

Do you get searched going in a rugby union match? Will we get searched at the Ricoh if going for a football match but not for a rugby match? Do people get searched going into the Covent Garden Opera House? Did people get searched going into the Proms at the Royal Albert Hall?

It's the inconsistency that is so annoying.

Do you get searched going in a rugby union match? Will we get searched at the Ricoh if going for a football match but not for a rugby match? Do people get searched going into the Covent Garden Opera House? Did people get searched going into the Proms at the Royal Albert Hall?

Had our bags searched at two shows in London and also the Tower of London recently but no body search. Still they just chop your head off in the Tower!

Isn't the inconsistency of random searches a deterrent for the bad guys though?

I got searched at Harlequins, and at all four cricket matches I went to this season (including three internationals).

Im absolutely fine to be searched if it stops people bringing illegal objects into the ground.

During Euro 2016 all fans were searched, yet people were bringing in flares, which are an explosive item. If they were searched how did they get in? This is a country that had suffered numerous terrorist attacks in the last twelve months including a failed attempt to bomb a football ground.

A bomb in a football ground has the potential for mass casulties and a lack of security at lower league football matches poses an ideal target for homegrown attacks.

Search me if your going to do it properly otherwise don't bother wasting everyones time.

In the day and age we currently live in I have no issue being searched, a lower league ground could be seen as a soft target and anything that improves safety and security isn't an issue with me.

Also I imagine these searches have been implemented as part of the deal with Staffs Police to cut the costs? Let's face it idiots at our games in recent years have tarnished the clubs reputation so it's not a total surprise we are subject to stricter policies entering the ground.

Isn't the inconsistency of random searches a deterrent for the bad guys though?

If you don't want to be searched going into the Railway paddock use the two turnstiles at the bottom by the toilets. Havnt yet seen anyone searched at these points but 4 jobsworths by the club shop. If I was a terrorist I would have done my homework and spotted this.Can the supporters club ask Norman what is the situation if anyone refuses to be checked.Seems like everyone should refuse just to prove a point.Can the club explain why these checks are necessary And what they are looking for. As everyone has said they don't seem to differentiate between between youngsters or pensioners. I can understand it being necessary at large matches and I have seen people's bags being checked going into the Regent Theatre but I can't honk this was to stop people seeking their own drinks in because the prices are so high.There has been no consultation with supporters to explain why it is n cessation. Maybe Norman is frightened they will sneak their own pies in.

I have never been searched going into the Railway Stand. If I go to St James Park, I go in the posh seats and I've never been searched. At away grounds we frequently have bags searched and occasionally a "pat down".

I have no objection in principle to security searches but from my point of view, there has been a clear failure of profiling with me on one side or another!

I have never been searched going into the Railway Stand. If I go to St James Park, I go in the posh seats and I've never been searched. At away grounds we frequently have bags searched and occasionally a "pat down".

I have no objection in principle to security searches but from my point of view, there has been a clear failure of profiling with me on one side or another!

You clearly don't look the type to carry anything dodgy Jacko but I'm sure the reason they do is because they're told not to discriminate, I mean I get picked most home games going into the Paddock by the ticket office turnstiles, but I pretty much go straight to them now before heading for the turnstiles anyway.

It's of no issue to me whatsoever though, it takes 5 seconds or less out of my day & if it saves a lot of our lives one day even 50 years down the line when they find something, or even stops a single person being injured from a flare etc, it will always have been worth it. Will never understand the fuss, they're nice about it & in no way intimidating so no problem to me.

You clearly don't look the type to carry anything dodgy Jacko

I clearly don't in Burslem but I do on away grounds - that is my issue - not the searching in itself.

If it's to be done, I want it done properly and not by blokes/lasses who have had no proper training and who may, indeed, have a criminal record. If I'm not carrying a bag and am not wearing a coat, what exactly am I trying to smuggle in?!!

Archived