onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Searching Before Games

pjg1876

I have posted on the 'Home Attendances' thread about physical searching in the Bycars at yesterday's game v Coventry but I feel it needs a separate thread.

No physical searching (bags yes) has ever taken place in the Bycars as far as I can remember until yesterday. Is this a new policy by the club and if so, for what reason.

Did anybody feel safer yesterday in the Bycars because this policy has been introduced? Smurf goes on, quite rightly, about poor home attendances and how the budget is tight yet we now have our privacy invaded and some fans, including myself, feel degraded by these physical searches and at what cost to the club.

Could someone who knows or speaks to Smurf please ask him to explain why this new policy has been introduced?

I could fully understand it if the Hamil End was fully sold out and there was a chance of away fans coming into the home areas but sorry that ain't going to happen.

As you will have gathered, I don't like this new approach and although some fans will feel it is a sign of the world we live (I have already had one response to that effect) this doesn't happen in shopping centres, hospitals, railway stations etc where there are many people so why Vale Park. I know fans seem to have different and sometimes feeble excuses why they don't attend games anymore but this new policy will deter others and needs stopping.

Advert

Totally agree, it seems people have come to blindly accept this as standard practice at football matches.

I doubt the stewards are happy doing it but they're acting on orders.

My brother's a Joke fan and he listed bodysearching as one of his reasons not to renew his season ticket. He's over 60!!

What i hate about being searched is when they tell you to empty your pockets then you have to get your wallet out with 100 quid in for everybody to see.

You just take the wallet out of you pocket.No need to open it.If they ask you to open it do it discreetly.Ask them why you need to open your wallet? Or tell them to open their wallet for you to look inside or to do one.

No big issue,annoying maybe but no real big issue.

I had my bag searched but they didn't search me personaly. It really naffs me off, first time in 45 years attending that this has happened, I could understand it to a point if it was youths and chavs being searched but I'm fast approaching 60 years old. I got search at Swindon and I asked if the home fans were being searched or was it just victimisation against away fans, I never got an answer.

(First time in 45 years at a home game)

I had my bag searched but they didn't search me personaly. It really naffs me off, first time in 45 years attending that this has happened, I could understand it to a point if it was youths and chavs being searched but I'm fast approaching 60 years old. I got search at Swindon and I asked if the home fans were being searched or was it just victimisation against away fans, I never got an answer.

(First time in 45 years at a home game)

Vale should employ beautiful young ladies to do the job. Vale supporters would then be queing up to get searched. (At least the men would).

Archived