onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby County U23

The Wonder of You

I'll go to the home game against the other league side, but I won't be attending the B matches. Would be interesting if Rob could make a vote on the subject: attending all games, only attending against league sides, not attending any matches etc.

On a side note, have the prices been released for this? I'd like to see smurf not lower the price, and instead do that for a league game to try and boost attendances. I'm sure that people would come back after seeing the style of football we have been playing.

Will you still boycott the game if we get to the final against a B side? This is not a dig at you just curious that's all.

Advert

The Football League would have to agree to any involvement of B teams in their league structure. It could not just be imposed on them because they are a body independent of the FA. It could only be done by extending the divisions and that would require a 90% vote in favour.

My concern would be how much would the Premier League be prepared to offer? Is there a price the Chairmen would accept?

Several of the chairmen, including Smurf to his credit, didn't accept the bribe for the trophy. The logisitcs of incorporating B teams into the current structure without majorly pissing off some clubs in the lower reaches would stretch the abilities of a nuclear physicist!

The big 4 leaving the premier to take part in the euro league in a couple years, the premier league on the wane maybe!!, the end to this lunacy money they receive , and bring a bit of stability into the English game. Wishful thinking. Think sky are edging there bets by trying to bribe the chairmen of the lower league teams with a pittance of the vast wealth they generate, long live real football.

I'll be disappointed if the crowd is larger than 1,000. Anyone who attends this match is a scab. I find it humiliating that clubs of our stature are being forced to play against U23 teams from the Championship. I'd rather watch our U18s in the FA youth cup. That means more than this nonsense competition.

Will you still boycott the game if we get to the final against a B side? This is not a dig at you just curious that's all.

I'd like to say no but it's probably tougher to reject if it was reality. I'm just hoping it doesn't happen.

Archived