onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinelcoverage

I was under the delusion that smurf wasnt to happy with attendances. Therefore its reasonable to assume more people need to come to the matches. If your not a vale fan already its unlikely you will view twitter etc for vale info..... however it is possible to attract new people, if the PR and the media support works hand in hand instead of different directions.

If vale players happen to visit a school and give away free tickets its unlikely other kids/schools will hear about it... splash it in the sentinel and they do and may start asking if the players can visit their school with free tickets... just a small splinter in the great plank of PR.

If you dont reach people who dont already follow vale how do you increase gates? wait and hope for a good cup run? thats not worked well so far.... wait until we are unbeaten for X games... again not much luck there.

If you are the example of the real vale fan its not surprising attendances arent increasing

Vale can get free tickets to schools without the sentinel. Maybe if the sentinel just apologised then this would all be over anyway. And if they wanted more people to hear about it I would imagine Tweeting about it would reach a far wider audience.

SmurfPVFC followers = 5k

OfficalPortVale = 30.1k

Sentinel readers = 30k

Sentinel Readers interested in Vale = certainly less than 30k.

Just because you grew up in a different age doesn't mean that the old way is still the best way. The point I am making is the sentinel need vale more than we need them so why not just apologise.

Advert

Vale can get free tickets to schools without the sentinel. Maybe if the sentinel just apologised then this would all be over anyway. And if they wanted more people to hear about it I would imagine Tweeting about it would reach a far wider audience.

SmurfPVFC followers = 5k

OfficalPortVale = 30.1k

Sentinel readers = 30k

Sentinel Readers interested in Vale = certainly less than 30k.

Just because you grew up in a different age doesn't mean that the old way is still the best way. The point I am making is the sentinel need vale more than we need them so why not just apologise.

Apologise for what?

I didnt say it was the best, its another rout... but your making a huge assumption that because there are large followings on Official PV that its the only way to go... official = 30.1K... attendances 5K.... smurf followers 5K... abusers ?k

A good PR campaign uses all the outlets that reach its potential customers as well as its confirmed customers.

The sentinel dont need vale at all, they still do reports on matches and players

The sentinel were more interested in stirring up trouble between page and Norman than covering our new manager press conference.

They couldn't cover the press conference because Norman had banned them.

There is obvious bad blood between the two and Norman got fed up of the way they reported the club in a bad light and didn't pay their way like supporters do.

Find me another newspaper that pays for access to the press box at Vale.

The sentinel need to apologise and be more positive towards the club. They should also pay their way in regards to player of the year awards and sponsorship.

Has Norman had to pay for his tickets to the Sentinel Awards evenings??

They make money from the coverage they get so they could support the club.

They have done so on numerous occasions in the past including sponsoring a stand for a few seasons. Which other newspaper which currently has free access to the press box has done that?

Once done, I'm sure Norman would welcome back a positive sentinel.

Surely the role of a newspaper is to report the news, not to act as a mouthpiece for the club. If the stories which come out of the club are positive the Sentinel report them as such. I asked you before to find negative stories from the Sentinel and you couldn't come up with a single one from a Sentinel reporter.

I don't read the paper, haven't for a very long time even when living in Stoke like I do now.

If you don't read the paper, how on earth can you pass judgment on whether the stories it prints are negative, positive or anything else? That sentence alone makes a mockery of everything else you have said on this issue.

I've found since the departure of page radio Stoke and signal radio to be much more interesting in their coverage and more positive.

How do you know that if you don't read the paper???

Apologise for what?

I didnt say it was the best, its another rout... but your making a huge assumption that because there are large followings on Official PV that its the only way to go... official = 30.1K... attendances 5K.... smurf followers 5K... abusers ?k

A good PR campaign uses all the outlets that reach its potential customers as well as its confirmed customers.

The sentinel dont need vale at all, they still do reports on matches and players

Which Sentinel readers don't already know about Vale? A match report is pretty much the only decent thing the sentinel do for vale anyway so nothing has changed apart from the sentinel no longer reporting on nonsense that hasn't happened shining a bad light on the club. If the sentinel need to make stuff up to sell papers then they can make stuff up about Crewe or Stoke then see how long they last at those clubs.

Of course in any Smurf v whoever argument you will take the side of whoever. You're going on the block list anyway you are far too annoying, I come on this site to catch up on Vale news and opinions and you ruin that experience for me. I know people who wont come on because of you, I am heading that way.

As you are admin I cannot put you on ignore list, only just realised. Perhaps that's why some of my friends just don't bother.

Which Sentinel readers don't already know about Vale? A match report is pretty much the only decent thing the sentinel do for vale anyway so nothing has changed apart from the sentinel no longer reporting on nonsense that hasn't happened shining a bad light on the club. If the sentinel need to make stuff up to sell papers then they can make stuff up about Crewe or Stoke then see how long they last at those clubs.

Of course in any Smurf v whoever argument you will take the side of whoever. You're going on the block list anyway you are far too annoying, I come on this site to catch up on Vale news and opinions and you ruin that experience for me. I know people who wont come on because of you, I am heading that way.

As you are admin I cannot put you on ignore list, only just realised. Perhaps that's why some of my friends just don't bother.

You have friends?

Building up we have an up and coming manager and a great chance at building a new squad.

A larger playing budget

A clear out of dead wood the fans wanted.

All of this was reported in the Sentinel, including a main pack bage story on Bruno's appointment, despite being banned from the press conference: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale/story-29422124-detail/story.html

You won't have seen this though, because you don't read the paper.

There are loads of stories about new players coming in, all of them talking up the new signings.

You won't have seen these though, because you don't read the paper.

Archived