onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinelcoverage

Isnt that the time he voiced his master plan.... smurf did one good interview then went back to normality... but that was his positive comments not the broadcasters

He did more than one.

I'm not saying Smurf is innocent in any of these exchanges but the sentinel have been a motive here. They have been anti the chairman since he and Wilde's split. The sentinel could spin stories in a positive way, or they could paint doom and gloom. They choose doom and gloom.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Advert

He did more than one.

I'm not saying Smurf is innocent in any of these exchanges but the sentinel have been a motive here. They have been anti the chairman since he and Wilde's split. The sentinel could spin stories in a positive way, or they could paint doom and gloom. They choose doom and gloom.

I would prefer them to not spin it at all, just tell it as it is.

The feud between the two parties is an old one, the senile were banned before.... [freeloading I think... along with ex-players?]

I am no sentinel lover, I think the paper is cack, but I can see the benefit of its circulation to vale, it even reaches people who arent vale supporters and could conceivably tempt them to attend

I would prefer them to not spin it at all, just tell it as it is.

The feud between the two parties is an old one, the senile were banned before.... [freeloading I think... along with ex-players?]

I am no sentinel lover, I think the paper is cack, but I can see the benefit of its circulation to vale, it even reaches people who arent vale supporters and could conceivably tempt them to attend

It only benefits the club if it shown in good light. If they are picking holes constantly and making the chairman out to be a bigger fool than he is then they are damaging the club and it's rep.

This is getting ******* inane, bore off

I know, Can picture it now, we make the playoff finals but big bad nasty smurf hasn't let the sentinel cover us so no one will turn up because everybody relies on the sentinel like its some sort of 1930s time warp in ST6.

I know, Can picture it now, we make the playoff finals but big bad nasty smurf hasn't let the sentinel cover us so no one will turn up because everybody relies on the sentinel like its some sort of 1930s time warp in ST6.

It's more to do with the daft that everyday there's a new thread saying the same thing.

You're also absolutely correct, people have a very disproportionate view of the Sentinel's influence

Not everyone uses social media sites dedicated to Vale, supporters do but we need a wider base than we have as quickly as possible. That means reaching people who dont, as yet, attend or support vale. If your looking for stuff thats vale related its easy to find but we need people who arent yet looking in our direction.

It only benefits the club if it shown in good light. If they are picking holes constantly and making the chairman out to be a bigger fool than he is then they are damaging the club and it's rep.

The clubs PR should only project the positive/good light, it doesnt because it doesnt exist except what smurf blabs on twitter and the extremely negative light he tends to show to all and sundry... JFH, Exeter, Master plan etc etc etc.

The positive should originate from the club and be picked up by the press... stop the cack coming out of the club and there isnt any cack to print.

It's more to do with the daft that everyday there's a new thread saying the same thing.

You're also absolutely correct, people have a very disproportionate view of the Sentinel's influence

Its influence isnt anything like it used to be but where else can people who dont follow vale pick up the bits of news about them?

Im not interested in the negatives I wont just ignore them because I dont like/agree with them.

Smurf detailed his master plan for all to hear on the radio... thats a fact be it negative or not... his words, his choice to spill it... was that a positive?

Dont run away with the idea the senile is part of smurfs PR machine... or that they should do the PR smurf fails to do.

I may be wrong but that's how it comes across

Its influence isnt anything like it used to be but where else can people who dont follow vale pick up the bits of news about them?

Crazy and just as awkward as usual from you Geo. Reach people who don't follow Vale? WHy would we want to waste time on that? Why don't we get the Outer Mongolia Daily Herald to cover us then if that's the aim. You make reading OVF an effort, perhaps your posting style turns people away from this site, you know, real Vale fans that do attend.

Crazy and just as awkward as usual from you Geo. Reach people who don't follow Vale? WHy would we want to waste time on that? Why don't we get the Outer Mongolia Daily Herald to cover us then if that's the aim. You make reading OVF an effort, perhaps your posting style turns people away from this site, you know, real Vale fans that do attend.

I was under the delusion that smurf wasnt to happy with attendances. Therefore its reasonable to assume more people need to come to the matches. If your not a vale fan already its unlikely you will view twitter etc for vale info..... however it is possible to attract new people, if the PR and the media support works hand in hand instead of different directions.

If vale players happen to visit a school and give away free tickets its unlikely other kids/schools will hear about it... splash it in the sentinel and they do and may start asking if the players can visit their school with free tickets... just a small splinter in the great plank of PR.

If you dont reach people who dont already follow vale how do you increase gates? wait and hope for a good cup run? thats not worked well so far.... wait until we are unbeaten for X games... again not much luck there.

If you are the example of the real vale fan its not surprising attendances arent increasing

He did more than one.

It's asking a lot, but can you justify that opinion in any way? It would not be my reading of the Sentinels performance over the last few years.

The paper is not there as a mouthpiece for the club. However, it the Club was media savvy, it could easily make the paper a very useful mouthpiece, helping to attract and retain new support.

Look at the column space being given to Stoke and Crewe at the moment - that is what the Vale is missing out on.

If the Club launches a new Young Valiants section (great idea) it needs a way to keep kids in touch. The club web site doesn't do that, but the Sentinel certainly could if a constructive working relationship were to be cultivated.

It's asking a lot, but can you justify that opinion in any way? It would not be my reading of the Sentinels performance over the last few years.

The paper is not there as a mouthpiece for the club. However, it the Club was media savvy, it could easily make the paper a very useful mouthpiece, helping to attract and retain new support.

Look at the column space being given to Stoke and Crewe at the moment - that is what the Vale is missing out on.

If the Club launches a new Young Valiants section (great idea) it needs a way to keep kids in touch. The club web site doesn't do that, but the Sentinel certainly could if a constructive working relationship were to be cultivated.

People may think the sentinel is cack [im one] but that post is bang on the money... its a useful tool thats not being used.

Are we going to have a new thread about The Sentinel/the ban, giving the same arguments from either side every time something happens at Vale & it isn't covered?

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/portvale

I see loads of articles, yeah the coverage isn't great but despite the ban, there is still a fair bit of stuff there (yes no Wolves match report currently but there was for Forest).

Pretty much everything that could be said in this debate has already been said really, just let them get on with it. Will probably get sorted & the ban will be lifted in the near future, like it always eventually does. It's not the first time this has happened.

On another note, somebody sitting in the crowd near me looked like they were writing something up, had a notepad/team sheet/pitch layout. Could have been scouting, reporting or some sort of coach for us? No idea though.

Archived