onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where's Enoch?

smithie

Advert

We have to if we are hoping on a fee from a move to an English club

Depending on his age, as long as we have offered him a contract on the same terms or higher (which i think is actually the case) then we would still be able to get something if he moves to another club and turns our contract down. He says he has rejected it but the contract is still on the table for him. I don't see anyone else other than rob page wanting to take a gamble on him and even then the Northampton owner would have to be willing to pay compo for him so i can see him panicking and signing our contract soon so he isn't out of the game for a while which could damage him even more. Promising if he was training earlier on as i would like to keep him. Although he didn't do well in assists and goals his talent was plain to see and more experience playing in the league will hopefully do the trick.

Depending on his age, as long as we have offered him a contract on the same terms or higher (which i think is actually the case) then we would still be able to get something if he moves to another club and turns our contract down. He says he has rejected it but the contract is still on the table for him. I don't see anyone else other than rob page wanting to take a gamble on him and even then the Northampton owner would have to be willing to pay compo for him so i can see him panicking and signing our contract soon so he isn't out of the game for a while which could damage him even more. Promising if he was training earlier on as i would like to keep him. Although he didn't do well in assists and goals his talent was plain to see and more experience playing in the league will hopefully do the trick.

True, but I'm sure that by stopping paying him what he was already on classes as not offering a contract, hence entitling him to a free transfer.

Enoch posted a video of himself exercising at vale (with vale kit) today on Instagram.

Change of heart?

Hes still getting his treatment at the club, whether that means hes going to sign a new contract is anyones guess.

• 1 month later...

A guy at work yesterday told me Andoh is in the process of renting his (the guys) house out.

He knows I'm a Vale fan so asked what his situation was.

Could be that he's looking time stay at Vale a after all..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Smurf said he's off the books but Vale still have to foot the bill for his treatment until another club sign him. Duty of care and all that.

The guy at work said that the club or his agent have been paying his rent for the last few months

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think he will find it difficult (though clearly not impossible) to find another club. It's not just whether they have to pay compensation, it's the risk involved in signing a player who has been out for so long. Will he be able to regain his form? Will he be injury prone? Will he worth taking a chance on? His difficulty, without a club, is going to be able to prove this to any prospective new employer.

To my mind, he's been very badly advised. He would have been better accepting a contract with the Vale and taking the opportunity to prove his fitness and regain his form. Then he might have attracted a few offers. As it is, he's in no man's land and likely to stay there.

I can understand both sides, Enoch was offered £500 apparently for 2 years what footballer with any ambition would sign that? So the so called agent said he would play for £500 on a 6 month contract hoping to prove his fitness then feck off to a bigger club no doubt so I can't blame Smurf for telling them shove that either, is there a happy medium here cus if he can get fit we have a real asset but having said that maybe Smurf knows what the injury has done to him and is doing the right thing by keeping his mouth shut to give Enoch a chance find another club? So many if's and but's I just hope if the injury hasn't taken a couple of yards of pace off him like it often does we keep the lad but also understand Smurfs reluctance to commit given the injury.

Archived