onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

I've got nothing to apologise for. You should apologise for your stupid nonsensical post. And for existing.

The only people I have slighted are the people at Manchester United who have used the disaster to build up the image (and consequently income) of their football club. Get off your high horse, (slither out of Smurtwaite's arse while you're at it,) read a few books and then you might not consistently come out with such stupid guff.

Your last 2 or 3 posts have just squealed about how I should apologise with absolutely no discussion or acknowledgement of the points I've made, presumably because you lack the intellectual wherewithal to do so.

Just keep showing yourself up with your lack of human decency. Something's are far more important than point scoring. Shame on you and your vile opinions.

Advert

:clap::hello::laugh:

You can't, can you?! You can't pinpoint one single thing that I've posted that demeans the loss of life or that shows a lack of decency. Clueless.

When you are in too deep it's better to stop digging, i'm not repeating your disgusting words. I think from the reaction of other posters you know you are completely in the wrong. Seriously shame on you, maybe if you sleep on it hopefully you will see the error of your ways and the horrendous timing of your disgusting comments.

I've got nothing to apologise for. You should apologise for your stupid nonsensical post. And for existing.

The only people I have slighted are the people at Manchester United who have used the disaster to build up the image (and consequently income) of their football club. Get off your high horse, (slither out of Smurtwaite's arse while you're at it,) read a few books and then you might not consistently come out with such stupid guff.

Your last 2 or 3 posts have just squealed about how I should apologise with absolutely no discussion or acknowledgement of the points I've made, presumably because you lack the intellectual wherewithal to do so.

Maybe you should read Manchester's Finest by David Hall and also read about how many lives are saved by Man Utd through UNICEF not to mention schools and special needs children benefitting from the 'cash cow.'

Maybe you should read Manchester's Finest by David Hall and also read about how many lives are saved by Man Utd through UNICEF not to mention schools and special needs children benefitting from the 'cash cow.'

Maybe you should read The Football Business by David Conn. Interesting bit in there how MU's MD wanted to stop the solidarity payments to the football league, arguing that the small clubs were "bleeding the big clubs dry and should be put to sleep". This coming from the man in charge of one of the richest clubs in the world.

I have never disputed that they do their bit for charity (as do all clubs), although in my experience their input in to the local community and the impoverished children in Manchester is negligible when compared to what City do, as is their engagement with those children when they do deign to meet them.

Maybe you should read The Football Business by David Conn. Interesting bit in there how MU's MD wanted to stop the solidarity payments to the football league, arguing that the small clubs were "bleeding the big clubs dry and should be put to sleep". This coming from the man in charge of one of the richest clubs in the world.

I have never disputed that they do their bit for charity (as do all clubs), although in my experience their input in to the local community and the impoverished children in Manchester is negligible when compared to what City do, as is their engagement with those children when they do deign to meet them.

And yet if you look at the accounts at both clubs community foundations, United's expenditure is double the expenditure at City. Not saying they spend it wisely (Although having worked in Manchester in that sector, I know both clubs provide valuable services) but the intent from United is there.

I disagree with your notion that United have attempted to capitalise on a dark moment in their history and tried to market the club with the Munich disaster at the forefront for the purposes of making that part of their 'product' (For want of a better word).

United would surely prefer to not have the Munich disaster as part of their history. Whenever it is approached, it is approached with dignity and class (As do other clubs that unfortunately have their own disasters woven in to their history). When people see such things handled so well, then it will draw them to the organisation. That's not the same however as an organisation purposely using such an event to push them forward.

Fair enough, I see your point. I've just read, heard and seen things that make me believe otherwise.

That's odd regarding United's expenditure on their community stuff. I've worked in Children's Services for about 20 years now and United's presence has been negligible at best, whereas City (especially when Alex Williams was involved) couldn't do enough for us, particularly Looked After Children. City actually used to hire Parrs Wood every Christmas and send the first team squad to play with the kids in care. United never did anything like that and even when the LAC team were allowed to watch training etc, the players would speed past and ignore the kids. Maybe United are more geared up towards working (inter)nationally whereas City concentrate on Manchester?

Fair enough, I see your point. I've just read, heard and seen things that make me believe otherwise.

That's odd regarding United's expenditure on their community stuff. I've worked in Children's Services for about 20 years now and United's presence has been negligible at best, whereas City (especially when Alex Williams was involved) couldn't do enough for us, particularly Looked After Children. City actually used to hire Parrs Wood every Christmas and send the first team squad to play with the kids in care. United never did anything like that and even when the LAC team were allowed to watch training etc, the players would speed past and ignore the kids. Maybe United are more geared up towards working (inter)nationally whereas City concentrate on Manchester?

I would say they are. Their link to Unicef is a point towards that. They do have a long list on their website of schools they work with. I worked for a charity that leaned more towards help 16-25 year olds with employability skills and the MU Foundation (And FC United interestingly) were also involved in the same field.

I think they spread their net far and wide and so it may not necessarily be 100% towards children in the local area. City have come in and are trying to fill gaps in provision as well and I think what they are doing on their campus is exciting and will be very fulfilling. Lots of organisations fighting to help the same groups of people is good in a lot of ways. Compared to some areas of England (Scotland is well geared and funded for this sort of thing) Manchester is a beacon of Corporate & Social Responsibility, particularly by their football clubs.

I think you're just coming across as bitter Beechy!

United finished 7 points behind Liverpool in the league but finished with two more trophies then them and automatically qualified for the group stage of the Champions League, which Liverpool did not. Arsenal finished 6 points above Man United but could end up trophy less and without Champions League qualification. There is no argument that you could make that Arsenal had a more successful season!

If people are actually trying to claim Liverpool had a better season than Man United, then there are some seriously bitter people about! And yes I'd be saying exactly the same thing if the roles were reversed.

I'm not bitter at all, and why would I be? As mentioned, United's net spend for last season was 110 million more than Liverpool and yet finished 7 points behind them in the league, which at the start of the season was the most important competition for both teams without a shadow of a doubt. I couldn't care less about the Community Shield or League Cup, the same as I wasn't bothered when Liverpool won them in the past. You're only showing how much United have fallen when United are celebrating winning these. :laugh:

United's season all came down to one game, against a talented but massively inexperienced Ajax side. They got the job done in the end and fair play to them. But one look on any United forum throughout the season and you would have seen that there was a lot of people not happy with Mourinho and the teams results and performances.

Archived