onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

You don't get to the final by being bang average, Inexperienced yes but they are quality.

Utd did a number on them, got their tactics and personnel spot on.

Correct. They made Ajax look very average. They may be a young team but there's a lot of quality in their squad.

Advert

You don't get to the final by being bang average, Inexperienced yes but they are quality.

Utd did a number on them, got their tactics and personnel spot on.

And who of note did Ajax actually beat to get to the final? This is the UEFA Cup we're talking about here, not the Champions League. They are a decent side with a number of good young players, but they don't have one single world-class player, and anyone who say's that they do are talking out of there hole. One or two of them might get near to world-class one day, but as of yet nowhere near.

We'll see if United can do the same sort of job against Real Madrid or Juventus soon enough...

Just checking their UEFA Cup results now and they scraped wins against Panithinaikos and Standard Liege, drew against Celta, sneaked past mighty Legia 1-0 over two legs, a club I've never even heard of, sneaked past mighty Kobenhaven after losing the first leg, beat Schalke and then had a scare against Lyon after a convincing first leg win, before being beaten in the final by currently one of the worst United sides in recent memory.

Yeah, such a world-class team are Ajax with all of there top drawer players.

Never heard of Legia?

Schalke who recently made it past the group stages in the champions league. Lyon are a tidy outfit as well. United can only beat the teams they are up against. What world class players do Liverpool have?

Who would you say was the better manager, Mourinho or Pochettino? Which is the better team - Manure or Spuds? The League would suggest the latter yet Pochettino managed to take Spuds out of Europe twice this season while Maureen won a cup. Can't be that easy.

Just checking their UEFA Cup results now and they scraped wins against Panithinaikos and Standard Liege, drew against Celta, sneaked past mighty Legia 1-0 over two legs, a club I've never even heard of, sneaked past mighty Kobenhaven after losing the first leg, beat Schalke and then had a scare against Lyon after a convincing first leg win, before being beaten in the final by currently one of the worst United sides in recent memory.

Yeah, such a world-class team are Ajax with all of there top drawer players.

Please tell me I've read that wrong and you haven't just said you've not heard of Legia!

Never heard of Legia?

Schalke who recently made it past the group stages in the champions league. Lyon are a tidy outfit as well. United can only beat the teams they are up against. What world class players do Liverpool have?

I knew you'd bring Liverpool up from nowhere, despite the coversation being about Manchester United and Ajax. You really are a bit of a sad act at times :laugh:

Coutinho is world-class for a start, or if he's just shy of it he soon wiil be. Going on this seasons form him, Lallana and Mane and miles better than Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Martial, that's for sure.

Who would you say was the better manager, Mourinho or Pochettino? Which is the better team - Manure or Spuds? The League would suggest the latter yet Pochettino managed to take Spuds out of Europe twice this season while Maureen won a cup. Can't be that easy.

At this moment in time Spurs and Pochettino all day long, if you have any sort of common sense and aren't a bit simple.

It was sarcasm. I've heard of them, and they aren't a good team in any shape or form.

The same Legia side who drew 3-3 with Real Madrid this season? Yeah they don't sound good.......

Tell me, how many times did Liverpool manage to beat that rubbish United side this season? How many times did Liverpool score in open play against them?

I knew you'd bring Liverpool up from nowhere, despite the coversation being about Manchester United and Ajax. You really are a bit of a sad act at times :laugh:

Coutinho is world-class for a start, or if he's just shy of it he soon wiil be. Going on this seasons form him, Lallana and Mane and miles better than Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Martial, that's for sure.

No need to be insulting..

I mentioned Liverpool because that's who I thought you followed, certainly your views are blinded by Liverpool. Coutinho is an excellent player but to say Mane is better than Pogba is a bit far fetched and I am not a big fan of Pogba. Ibrahimovic is head and shoulders above Mane, literally plus united do actually have a top class goalie.

Cannot believe I'm defending Manure!!

The same Legia side who drew 3-3 with Real Madrid this season? Yeah they don't sound good.......

Tell me, how many times did Liverpool manage to beat that rubbish United side this season? How many times did Liverpool score in open play against them?

I have questions I can put to you. How many points did Liverpool finish above United, despite the dramatic slump in form they had at the start of the new year? How many more goals did Liverpool score than Manchester United, a side known for their attacking play and goalscoring prowess for God knows how many years? What was United and Liverpool's respective net spend last season?

I'll tell you the answers to save you the trouble. Liverpool finished 7 points above United despite injuries to key players throughout the season when they lost Coutinho, Lallana and then Mane for lengthy periods of time. Liverpool also scored 24 more goals than United, and had a better goal difference of 11 in comparison. United's net spend was around the 110 million mark, while Liverpool actually made profit.

:laugh:

Oh, I shouldn't laugh. United won the League Cup and Community Shield, before winning the UEFA Cup beating giants such as Celta, St. Etienne and Anderlecht along the way before doing a job on apparently the greatest Ajax side there's ever been in the final. That's what 110 million net spend that includes currently the world most expensive (and over-rated) player gets you.

Mourinho has been fantastic for years but the incident with the doctor destroyed last season. United have had a decent season and I'm sure they will build on that next season but Pochettino has been fantastic in the last 2 seasons. We will see who finishes in a higher league position next season.

No need to be insulting..

I mentioned Liverpool because that's who I thought you followed, certainly your views are blinded by Liverpool. Coutinho is an excellent player but to say Mane is better than Pogba is a bit far fetched and I am not a big fan of Pogba. Ibrahimovic is head and shoulders above Mane, literally plus united do actually have a top class goalie.

Cannot believe I'm defending Manure!!

You're right, and I shouldn't bite. Still don't see why you suddenly brought Liverpool into the conversation though other than as bait.

Mane and Pogba are completely different players to make a comparison, but if you compare the effect they had on their teams this season then it's like night and day. Pogba can and probably will come good, but his performances this season have been underwhelming at best. To say that Ibrahimovic is head and shoulders above Mane is ridiculous. Had Mane not got injured he was in the running for player of the season without a shadow of a doubt. But again, I don't really know why comparisons between a winger/forward and an out and out striker are even being made.

The only players that would get into Liverpool's team from United's squad based on form throughout last season would be De Gea, Bailly, Valencia and Herrera.

I have questions I can put to you. How many points did Liverpool finish above United, despite the dramatic slump in form they had at the start of the new year? How many more goals did Liverpool score than Manchester United, a side known for their attacking play and goalscoring prowess for God knows how many years? What was United and Liverpool's respective net spend last season?

I'll tell you the answers to save you the trouble. Liverpool finished 7 points above United despite injuries to key players throughout the season when they lost Coutinho, Lallana and then Mane for lengthy periods of time. Liverpool also scored 24 more goals than United, and had a better goal difference of 11 in comparison. United's net spend was around the 110 million mark, while Liverpool actually made profit.

:laugh:

Oh, I shouldn't laugh. United won the League Cup and Community Shield, before winning the UEFA Cup beating giants such as Celta, St. Etienne and Anderlecht along the way before doing a job on apparently the greatest Ajax side there's ever been in the final. That's what 110 million net spend that includes currently the world most expensive (and over-rated) player gets you.

So like a typical politician you didn't answer my questions, but proceeded to ask your own questions and then answered them yourself!! The Conservative Party called, you're the new Boris Johnson!

For all that, there's one stat you missed out. Number of trophies Liverpool won: 0.

Archived