onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Loserpool? Jesus. I shouldn't be surprised with you to be honest but you actually always find new ways to make me cringe.

Let's not forget the little fact that Liverpool finished ABOVE United this season, and that's despite spending a couple of months of the season when they were terrible.

But yes, I'm so jealous that United won two trophies this season that were ridiculed by the likes of your good self when Liverpool have won them in the past. :laugh:

Had United lost yesterday there season would have been a disaster considering the money they have

spent, and that's despite winning two trophies that nobody gives much of a **** about.

What a disastrous season they've had.Straight into the Champ League groups unlike some other better performing teams.:wink:

Advert

They didn't 'give up' the league at all. What ridiculous spin. United have had a relatively poor season, albeit by their usual high standards. I work in Manchester and so don't have to come in contact with their fans as much as people living elsewhere but the ones I do know (generally utterly despicable people) were disappointed with their lot until last night. If Liverpool had won the UEFA Cup (or whatever it's called) the streets of Kent, London and Dublin would be filled with tears of mirth.

As an aside, doesn't letting the cup winners enter the Champions League cheapen an already significantly cheapened competition?

It should be for Champions only,I've always said it.I think it was changed to give Liverpool a chance as there is Bob Hope they will win the Premier league.Ah yes,that old ,urban myth ,chestnut.Man Utd have more fans in Manchester than City and more than Liverpool fans in

Liverpool.Those that come to watch them from other places,is it their fault United play where they do?You can only win what's on the table,Jose is a trophy collector.

I was going to write something about how Manchester United fans are so generally unlikable because of their hilariously misplaced arrogance but I think your post illustrates that perfectly. Having lived in Manchester for over 25 years I think I can have a reasonable view of things and, by and large, United fans are some of the most humourless, entitled, arrogant and myopic people I have ever come across. Their 'Theatre of Dreams' is a cobbled together eyesore, their relentless milking of the Munich disaster is distasteful to say the least and their fans' opinion of the club, especially nowadays, is laughable.

I was going to write something about how Manchester United fans are so generally unlikable because of their hilariously misplaced arrogance but I think your post illustrates that perfectly. Having lived in Manchester for over 25 years I think I can have a reasonable view of things and, by and large, United fans are some of the most humourless, entitled, arrogant and myopic people I have ever come across. Their 'Theatre of Dreams' is a cobbled together eyesore, their relentless milking of the Munich disaster is distasteful to say the least and their fans' opinion of the club, especially nowadays, is laughable.

How ****ing dare you.'The milking of Munich'.Your view is of no consequence,who the **** do you think you are?

The Munich comment is disgraceful and far beneath you. If someone said that over Hillsborough or the Bradford fire they would be rightly lambasted. I hope on reflection you will withdraw the comment.

How ****ing dare you.'The milking of Munich'.Your view is of no consequence,who the **** do you think you are?

Why is it of no consequence? Because you disagree with me? Ha! I repeat, the club has used the terrible disaster (no Munich songs from me) to their benefit. Do you not think that the events of 1958 are at least partly responsible for making MU the cash cow that it is now? Do you not think the club are aware of this? Their own MD was a few years back (pre- Glazers) and boasted how it was one of their unique selling points. This isn't anything I take delight in, by the way, and I'm not slighting those that lost their lives.

The Munich comment is disgraceful and far beneath you. If someone said that over Hillsborough or the Bradford fire they would be rightly lambasted. I hope on reflection you will withdraw the comment.

If those teams had players who profited from books about the disaster, haggled with the BBC over the TV rights to a memorial service and had an MD who stated something like (I can't find the exact quote now) "Manchester United are unique, No other club as what we have, our history, our players, Munich."then I wouldn't blame them for saying it.

I sat watching the Europa League Final wondering how the hell Ajax reached the final, yep Man U were well organized but Ajaz looked clueless up front for a club that reached a major European final.

In fairness to Ajax, I think they froze a little on the night. It's a big ask for teenagres to play in a European final.

Ajax had won through with scintillating home performances and I honestly think they would have been a match for United over 2 legs, home and away as United have been less than impressive in a lot of home games.

Ajax were shaky in away games but got to the final because they had built up good leads at home - I suspect that for their promising youngsters Stockholm was far more intimidating than it was for United's seasoned players.

It was an away game for Ajax, but a neutral game for United - but those youngsters will learn and be back.

Even then, it took a wickedly deflected goal to put daylight between the teams, and United (who I don't dislike) are almost unwatchable oompared to even a few years ago, very negative, overly physical and often downright boring.

I really dnt think a 'league table' of disasters is any good for anyone, I was a bit surprised at some remarks - Munich is sacred to United fans as Hillsboro is to Liverpool fans.

What I would say is that we should also spend time remembering other tragedies, there is very little ever written or remembered about the Bradford fire - which may well have been one of the most outrageous crimes ever committed if some researchers are correct, and Heysel is barely mentioned either.

Why is it of no consequence? Because you disagree with me? Ha! I repeat, the club has used the terrible disaster (no Munich songs from me) to their benefit. Do you not think that the events of 1958 are at least partly responsible for making MU the cash cow that it is now? Do you not think the club are aware of this? Their own MD was a few years back (pre- Glazers) and boasted how it was one of their unique selling points. This isn't anything I take delight in, by the way, and I'm not slighting those that lost their lives.

Seriously stop, these comments are bang out of order and completely disrespectful. Disagree with people by all means but don't demean the loss of life.

Seriously stop' date=' these comments are bang out of order and completely disrespectful. Disagree with people by all means but don't demean the loss of life.[/quote']

I've not demeaned the loss of life in the slightest. Maybe you shouldn't use words and phrases that you don't understand (yet again)?

I've got nothing to apologise for. You should apologise for your stupid nonsensical post. And for existing.

The only people I have slighted are the people at Manchester United who have used the disaster to build up the image (and consequently income) of their football club. Get off your high horse, (slither out of Smurtwaite's arse while you're at it,) read a few books and then you might not consistently come out with such stupid guff.

Your last 2 or 3 posts have just squealed about how I should apologise with absolutely no discussion or acknowledgement of the points I've made, presumably because you lack the intellectual wherewithal to do so.

Archived