onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

You're right, and I shouldn't bite. Still don't see why you suddenly brought Liverpool into the conversation though other than as bait.

Mane and Pogba are completely different players to make a comparison, but if you compare the effect they had on their teams this season then it's like night and day. Pogba can and probably will come good, but his performances this season have been underwhelming at best. To say that Ibrahimovic is head and shoulders above Mane is ridiculous. Had Mane not got injured he was in the running for player of the season without a shadow of a doubt. But again, I don't really know why comparisons between a winger/forward and an out and out striker are even being made.

The only players that would get into Liverpool's team from United's squad based on form throughout last season would be De Gea, Bailly, Valencia and Herrera.

I can't tell if youre on the wind up or generally clueless, Zlatan is better than mane will or has ever been, he is world class. Mane isn't.

Advert

At this moment in time Spurs and Pochettino all day long, if you have any sort of common sense and aren't a bit simple.

Lol pot kettle and black. I'm no united fan by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I used to go to Liverpool for two/three years as my mate had a season ticket and when he worked weekends I went the games. Your bias is daft. What did poch win this season? Mourinho inherited an ageing, rubbish side at united and managed to qualify for the champions league at the first time of asking. Similar to klopp really, using your daft theory, poch is head and shoulders above kloppall day long?

I can't tell if youre on the wind up or generally clueless, Zlatan is better than mane will or has ever been, he is world class. Mane isn't.

So you can see into the future now too?

What really is clueless is the person comparing a 25 year old winger with a 35 year old striker.

Lol pot kettle and black. I'm no united fan by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I used to go to Liverpool for two/three years as my mate had a season ticket and when he worked weekends I went the games. Your bias is daft. What did poch win this season? Mourinho inherited an ageing, rubbish side at united and managed to qualify for the champions league at the first time of asking. Similar to klopp really, using your daft theory, poch is head and shoulders above kloppall day long?

How the hell is me saying that Spurs and Pochettino are ahead of United and Mourinho somehow me being biased, you weapon?

So like a typical politician you didn't answer my questions, but proceeded to ask your own questions and then answered them yourself!! The Conservative Party called, you're the new Boris Johnson!

For all that, there's one stat you missed out. Number of trophies Liverpool won: 0.

And you didn't reply to any of mine either. Especially the fact that United spent all that money and yet still finished behind Liverpool in the competition they wanted to do better in than any of the one's they actually won. Fact! Funny how when Liverpool have won the likes of the League Cup in the past people such as yourself said that it was nothing and didn't mean anything. :laugh:

And who of note did Ajax actually beat to get to the final?

On the way to the final they saw off...Celta Vigo, Standard Liège, Panathinaikos, Legia Warsaw, Copenhagen, Schalke and Lyon.

This is the UEFA Cup we're talking about here, not the Champions League. They are a decent side with a number of good young players, but they don't have one single world-class player, and anyone who say's that they do are talking out of there hole. One or two of them might get near to world-class one day, but as of yet nowhere near.

Bang average sides don't get to Europe League finals..they go out in the earlier rounds..cos they are average sides.

We'll see if United can do the same sort of job against Real Madrid or Juventus soon enough...

Indeed we will

And you didn't reply to any of mine either. Especially the fact that United spent all that money and yet still finished behind Liverpool in the competition they wanted to do better in than any of the one's they actually won. Fact! Funny how when Liverpool have won the likes of the League Cup in the past people such as yourself said that it was nothing and didn't mean anything. :laugh:

You answered them for me that's why!

Liverpool have won the League Cup once in the last 14 years, and that was 2012. I can't remember what I posted back then and I doubt you can either!

Now, back to my two questions I'm still waiting on an answer for Boris.....

Seems that Liverpool's main transfer targets are Van Dijk, Salah and Lacazette, with the latter being the most unlikely. I'm unsure about Salah, his move to Chelsea didn't work out but he's been tearing it up in Serie A last season and would offer the pace Liverpool desperately miss when Mane isn't in the side for whatever reason. I rate Van Dijk as the best centre-back in the league and so he would be a fantastic signing for whichever club gets him.

If none of those work out then Michael Keane, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wilifried Zaha would be good options.

At this moment in time Spurs and Pochettino all day long, if you have any sort of common sense and aren't a bit simple.

You clearly are a bit simple because you've totally missed the point of my comment. You are saying winning the Europa League was easy for Manure. I'm simply pointing our that a team and manager which everyone thinks is better than them couldn't do it so it can't be that easy.

Seems that Liverpool's main transfer targets are Van Dijk, Salah and Lacazette, with the latter being the most unlikely. I'm unsure about Salah, his move to Chelsea didn't work out but he's been tearing it up in Serie A last season and would offer the pace Liverpool desperately miss when Mane isn't in the side for whatever reason. I rate Van Dijk as the best centre-back in the league and so he would be a fantastic signing for whichever club gets him.

If none of those work out then Michael Keane, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wilifried Zaha would be good options.

Doubt they will get anywhere near VVD, Lacazette and Keane, they are destined for bigger things.

Doubt they will get anywhere near VVD' date=' Lacazette and Keane, they are destined for bigger things.[/quote']

You said Liverpool wouldn't get near a Champions League place at the start of the season didn't you? You're clearly just upset and bitter, and so your opinion means absolutely nothing to me as ever.

You clearly are a bit simple because you've totally missed the point of my comment. You are saying winning the Europa League was easy for Manure. I'm simply pointing our that a team and manager which everyone thinks is better than them couldn't do it so it can't be that easy.

You're just making stuff up! I never said winning the UEFA Cup was easy. I simply pointed out that Manchester United didn't exactly have a difficult run to the final, and when you consider Ajax are no better than Everton and they were the most difficult opponent they had faced in the competition by far, I don't think winning that competition for a club that had spent as much money as United did last season, and the seasons before, is something to write home about exactly. Mind you, they're hardly the club they once were any longer are they, so maybe I'm being a bit unfair.

Also, Spurs were actually mounting a genuine title challenge for the majority of the season, and also had the misfortune of playing their home games away from WHL, so it's hardly a fair comparison to make.

Archived