onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dodds signs for shrews!!

carpetman123

Considering Page rated him as one of best in his position in League 1,why hasn't he taken him to Northampton?Are Shrewsbury bigger than Northampton.That Old Sage bloke has some travelling to do ,next season, to see his kids.

Advert

Whether you like Doddsy or not, its not the point.

Norman has said it will be another three weeks at least until we appoint a manager.

I doubt anyone offered a contract will sign.

There is every chance we will go into our first friendly without having enough players.

Norman Smurtwaite has not got a clue and is killing the club.

Open your eyes.

He's only really been a bit more of a regular this season and even then he's not a first name on the team sheet player.

I like the lad and think he's been a loyal servant to the club and he's also scored some cracking (and important) goals, but the fact that he's not played week in week out on a consistent basis over 8 years in a pretty average team (bar the promotion year) tells you something.

A solid footballer with a good brain but not one that you'd build your team around as Page was seemingly intent on doing.

I think people are missing a major point here. It doesn't matter how good he is, or if you like him or not, it's that players like him are leaving. If he's going then most others will follow. Doddsy has stayed with us through our toughest times in recent history, so something (or someone) is really wrong behind the scenes. Page and Doddsy are just the start of the exodus imo.

/unless they've decided to pay him what he's worth- not very much

I think people are missing a major point here. It doesn't matter how good he is, or if you like him or not, it's that players like him are leaving. If he's going then most others will follow. Doddsy has stayed with us through our toughest times in recent history, so something (or someone) is really wrong behind the scenes. Page and Doddsy are just the start of the exodus imo.

Totally agree, doddsy is exactly the type of player wage wise, ability wise we can attract, and weve let him ho just like that, the only person we need out of the club is smurfwaite, he is the death of port vale fc, people need to realise this, he will never take this club forward.

Whether you like Doddsy or not, its not the point.

Norman has said it will be another three weeks at least until we appoint a manager.

I doubt anyone offered a contract will sign.

There is every chance we will go into our first friendly without having enough players.

Norman Smurtwaite has not got a clue and is killing the club.

Open your eyes.

Norman says a lot of things:

- The budget is being slashed

- We're not getting a manager for another 3 weeks

- We're not signing any more players

- There's no sweets left in the jar

The guy changes his mind more than his socks and I don't take anything he says as gospel. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he appointed a proven manager and then proclaimed that he will back him in the transfer market and then closely followed announcements of players coming into the club (which had been worked on prior to the new man coming in).

In my view, if he wants to make money out of the club, he knows it's got to have success on the pitch.

If we come to the start of the season with a squad of 9 plus a load of Leek and district league players and Mike Bassett as manager then we've all got a right to be worried. In the meantime, let's see what unfolds shall we before all the doom and gloom?

Next will be Dicko and Duffy, who too have probably had their best seasons in a Vale shirt. Shrews and Northampton offering more money than Vale. Im not convinced we will replace them 3 for better players with less money. But obviously posters on Onevalefan think we will.

/unless they've decided to pay him what he's worth- not very much

Thats disrespectful to player who has never let us down and scored some vital goals.

Talking of goals they will have to be replaced next season,any ideas who will come in and do that job on the money Doddsy was offered ?

As Mellor is correct in what he says,and as the saying goes be careful of what you wish for

I suspect it will be more than "a few others" who miss him. I will wait to see if we sign anyone better. Ultimately, he played 300 games for us and scored 50 goals. His longevity will be missed, if nothing else. How many players do we have who have played even half as many for us? Duffy? Birchall, over 2 spells? Yates?

Longevity is a success?????

This time last year we wanted him gone didn't we after 3 or 4 very poor seasons , now he has...

Now i agree with that,many a season on here he has been on peoples released list and they have said how does he keep getting contracts,yes he had a decent season last season but blow me....when Jones left when Taylor left when Earle went when Beckford went when Aspin went and so on and so on i was upset but it's Louis Dodds we are on about here people

Possibly because Page didn't have faith in himself hence the two awful retained lists!
Let's get this straight Sperm. You are saying all is great because your chum has got rid of Page, who was garbage. And will bring in someone better.

It is great that the budget has been cut because now we can do a Burton. And it's great that we are losing players to Northampton and the Shrews because they were *****. And we can get better for less when the new man comes in just before the start of training. Is that right?

Archived