onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dodds signs for shrews!!

carpetman123

All sit back and watch what happens. But ask yourself why we are losing players who are getting proper offers from elsewhere een though the clubs dont have higher average attendances than us.

Including losing our manager.

If we cannot afford our current crop, what standard the next lot?

And why cant we compete in league 1on gates of 5000?

Ask yourselves that.

I think you just need to relax and take a brake from football over the summer it's clearly getting you far too down and depressed.

Advert

Let's get this straight Sperm. You are saying all is great because your chum has got rid of Page, who was garbage. And will bring in someone better.

It is great that the budget has been cut because now we can do a Burton. And it's great that we are losing players to Northampton and the Shrews because they were *****. And we can get better for less when the new man comes in just before the start of training. Is that right?

Now you are learning spunky nuts. Is PVO in meltdown? Give my love tithe resident lunatics.

Smurfy is my hero, I owe him a beer ;)

Considering Page rated him as one of best in his position in League 1,why hasn't he taken him to Northampton?Are Shrewsbury bigger than Northampton.That Old Sage bloke has some travelling to do ,next season, to see his kids.

I believe Doddsy has a business locally so within reasonable travelling distance was probably a consideration.

Next will be Dicko and Duffy, who too have probably had their best seasons in a Vale shirt. Shrews and Northampton offering more money than Vale. Im not convinced we will replace them 3 for better players with less money. But obviously posters on Onevalefan think we will.

Coincidence how there best season was the last season of there contract?

None of what you posted was a reason for keeping him.

Your indication that longevity was a key attribute indicated that was a key reason.

If it wasn't what do you think is?

Key reason for keeping him? How many of our current squad have 50 league goals in their career? I suspect we aren't far off them not having 50 between them. We may sign another chancer in the AJ/Pope mould who have never scored goals before but hit it off at the Vale. Who do you think will supply the bullets for them?

Like I say, I'm happy to see who we sign but if we can't convince 2 people who live here and have been involved at the club for 5 years in one case and 8 years in another that we are a better bet than Northampton and Shrewsbury, then you'll have to forgive me for not being overly optimistic.

Most clubs would consider a player with 400+ appearances a legend I reckon.

I'd completely disagree, how many times has he finished top scorer, won player of the season, been in the league team of the year?

We kept him because of his versatility and he was a lazy squad signing most seasons.

He did indeed improve dramatically towards the end of the season and finally became consistent but it was all a little and the player and the club need to move on.

Dont see why people arent bothered about dodds going, he was useful in the squad, when called upon at time's he'd do a job. i honestly do not no why anybody has faith in that piece of lard in charge of the club on bringing in a decent new manager and giving him the funds to bring in better player's, he is not bothered if we fall down to league two.

Think a lot need to calm down jeez its only the end of this season and already some of you are on suicide watch!! Players will come and go and i,m sure Norman has everything in hand and we will be a force once the season starts....just to prove the bookies wrong!!!

All calm down and get your bets on!

Dont see why people arent bothered about dodds going, he was useful in the squad, when called upon at time's he'd do a job. i honestly do not no why anybody has faith in that piece of lard in charge of the club on bringing in a decent new manager and giving him the funds to bring in better player's, he is not bothered if we fall down to league two.

Why would Norman "not be bothered"? If we slide like a turd down a bog surely so does any chance of him regaining any of his investment?

Anyone considered the fact that the low wages offered were after due thought by our owner that the squad we had was NOT good enough for promotion? Simple as that. I actually agree with that point even though we were finishing in a very respectable position. With those players still under contract we have the nucleus of a decent side and when the new manager comes in, aided by Brown we ought to use up the actual dosh that we will have from all the players NOT signing to attract some useful recruits that maybe just maybe will be a lot better than some leaving . I like to look on the bright side, even though I realise after 30 odd years that's somewhat difficult with Vale!

Why would Norman "not be bothered"? If we slide like a turd down a bog surely so does any chance of him regaining any of his investment?

Anyone considered the fact that the low wages offered were after due thought by our owner that the squad we had was NOT good enough for promotion? Simple as that. I actually agree with that point even though we were finishing in a very respectable position. With those players still under contract we have the nucleus of a decent side and when the new manager comes in, aided by Brown we ought to use up the actual dosh that we will have from all the players NOT signing to attract some useful recruits that maybe just maybe will be a lot better than some leaving . I like to look on the bright side, even though I realise after 30 odd years that's somewhat difficult with Vale!

If your happy to look on the bright side, and just plod along and accept that thing is going to be in charge of our club then yeah that's fine you do that, but in reality he's just another karl oysten and we'll be eventually in the same league as them.

Archived