onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

I'm happy to cut to the chase. We've been in Admin because the club makes the same mistakes over and over again like 90% of the football clubs out there. Why don't we try something different for a change? You seem like you're a bit of a traditionalist. I'm not interested in that, I'm happy to engage in new structures and systems. You say load cost onto a management structure (About £50k probably, the same as a bench player for us - It's not bank breaking is it). That person could save us that much in a season by finding players at lower wages and with potential for sell-on, because that's his only job at the club, leaving a head coach to get on with day to day management.

It probably won't happen, but it doesn't mean that it's not the right thing to do in my opinion. I don't think we're skint, we'll just spend what we have instead of bloating our wage budget with funds from a chairman. As a traditionalist, I guess that's what you expect. Chairman spends money, doesn't see it again. Manager spends the club's money and sods off when a better opportunity comes along. Repeat, repeat repeat.

It's tired, it's boring and it's getting us nowhere. Let's think outside for the box, maybe we'll make some progress then instead of interminably being stuck in the quicksand of despair.

Another point is, in this game if you stand still, you inevitably end up going backwards.

Advert

Gosh, you have missed a lot of unlikely names too. :yes:

Hope you're right.

Two weeks or so ago Smurf said he'd identified 3 outstanding candidates so why no report of an offer being made or not, is he waiting for more outstanding candidates to apply to confuse him even more, have the 3 outstanding candidates all turned down an offer one by one. Once a job offer is made a candidate usually has a finite time, no longer than a week in my experience, to say yeh or neh. Perhaps someone has accepted the job, if so why keep stum about it.

Hope you're right.

Two weeks or so ago Smurf said he'd identified 3 outstanding candidates so why no report of an offer being made or not, is he waiting for more outstanding candidates to apply to confuse him even more, have the 3 outstanding candidates all turned down an offer one by one. Once a job offer is made a candidate usually has a finite time, no longer than a week in my experience, to say yeh or neh. Perhaps someone has accepted the job, if so why keep stum about it.

The only reason to keep quiet is if part of the agreement with Norman or with a current/previous employer. Why, is anyone`s guess, hopefully we will know on or before the 21st when the acceptance was made. If still in a job he would lose his authority, possibly marched off the premises.

Guest TommyMac

Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc 38s38 seconds ago

Candidate 3 l interviewed on Wednesday and now need to learn how special the relationship in relality will work.

0 retweets 0 likes

Reply Retweet

More

Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc 3m3 minutes ago

Candidate 2 is now required to give 3 months notice and is not permited to leave his position earlier so effectively puts himself out of it

2 retweets 0 likes

Reply Retweet 2

More

Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc 5m5 minutes ago

Valiants.I have returned from Portugal and this is a quick update re Manager position.Candidate 1 l have decided ot to continue dialogue.

0 retweets 2 likes

Reply Retweet

Like 2

Make of this what you will but if number 2 is Coleman, I guess he is now out of the running.

Guest TommyMac

Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc 58s58 seconds ago

this right.Also l am not aware of any players accepting terms offered and with the exception of Andoh there will be no further dialogue

1 retweet 1 like

Reply Retweet 1

Like 1

More

Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc 3m3 minutes ago

I will now be interviewing 2 ex Championship Managers 1 Sat am and 1 Tuesday pm.I understand your frustration in time passing but must get

.... and I guess this rules out Ribeiro and Morais

Archived