onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Walsall 5 Post Match Comments

Advert

Don't know how people can say McGivern was any good today. His awful clearance led to their first goal and other than that he just did his usual aimless hoofing up the pitch. I don't think he's any worse than duffy though. Foley worked his socks off which is more than can be said elsewhere. O connor and brown were poor today and before today I wanted o connor to stay, now I think it's time for a new start elsewhere for him. Alnwick kept it from being a cricket score. The formation should of been changed but Page is persistent with it. Was Hoping for a positive end but oh well on to next season.

Car parking another fiasco. Not allowed on to car park by shop despite having a season ticket for there. This was at 11.45! Not good enough to s*** on your loyal fans Norman.

No brainer today,we parked on Dimensions,£1 for 3 hours!!!!!

What amazes me is that after a defeat i can name the posters who will suddenly appear on the thread to get at Page,yet very rarely do they post anything about Page after a decent win mmmmm strange that.

Still lets ditch Page and get an experienced manager like Danny Wilson or O'Driscoll in....oh hang on how have they been doing

Standard saddo behaviour I'm afraid from the usual WUMs and perpetual moaners.

I for one am a complete Page convert, didn't want him but now I'm glad he's our manager.

I will be interested in the retained list after yet another gutless performance

I'd be disappointed if RP based the list on one poor performance however it is time to thank some for their efforts and move them on. We have too many players who aren't up to this level and we need more quality, less numbers. Campion, Yates, Robinson, Moore, Daniel, Birchall, Lloyd, Johnson all come into that category for me and I know some won't be on big money but it is time for a overhaul if we're to improve.

I also think Walsall and Burton have shown what can be achieved without spending a fortune.

In all honesty we didn't play that bad today, the difference was Warsaw have goal scorers, we don't, something everyone could see from the first day of the season. Goals change games( stating the obvious)

In all honesty we didn't play that bad today, the difference was Warsaw have goal scorers, we don't, something everyone could see from the first day of the season. Goals change games( stating the obvious)

Absolutely spot on. Two of their goals were completely unsavable

I don't understand how the 3 in the middle couldn't have prevented them lining up shot after shot 1st half. Tactics all wrong today.

You're right, they were wrong. Purkis and Dicko were set up playing too high and Walsall unpicked our system, got in beyond the wing backs and pulled the three cb's all over the place. A flat back four is a far more stable system because all of the defenders are singing from the same song sheet, even though there's one defender less

Page will get hammered over the next few days as i think he will try and keep some players that fans wont be happy with,he has said before that we cant get non league players in on what Yates and Birchall are on,now for me they are NOT first team players but could do a job still as back up,Page wants to put all the budget into the first 11 to make it decent so will need some cheaper squad player options,so i do expect him to offer Yates and Birchall another 12mths...he wont offer Johnson,Daniel,Lloyd anything though and we already know Campion is off and Neal will be gone

That's a fair summary of where we stand, and I'd just add that things are never as simple as they seem - you rightly point out that Yates and Birchall could not be replaced for the same amount.

O'Conn clearly wants to play nearer home, and he is probably earning as much as Yates and Birchall together - we shjouldnt throw money at him to keep him if he is unhappy. Nothing judgemental here, but a player not performing to his full potential due to travelling is not a player to go the extra mile to keep.

I'm not sure we should dump Lloyd if he is on half the wage of say, Moore, either.

It isn't just about the number of players in the squad, it is also critical that those on the highest salaries provide full value.

Shambles today. First goal was just a bit unlucky with the rebound but the second goal was a disgrace....how do we manage to have a 4 on 2 situation from our own corner so early in the game, after that they just fell apart, Foley apart I think they were already on their holiday, wish I was and hadn't bothered to pay good money to witness that.

Standard saddo behaviour I'm afraid from the usual WUMs and perpetual moaners.

I for one am a complete Page convert, didn't want him but now I'm glad he's our manager.

Time to worry when a manager is not being considered, maybe the Baggies manager is on the list with £30M to spend?

One thing that really wound me up today was the closing down, it was disgraceful. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they score two goals from at least 25 yards out, no team should have that amont of space to shoot. Fair enough they were good goals and I even clapped the 4th but it was pure laziness of our players who looked more focused on packing their suitcases for the holidays rather close down the opposition! I'm afraid it's these small things which make a major difference and that's why Walsall have finished 3rd this season!

Archived