onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Walsall 5 Post Match Comments

I think the results against the top 3 - if you exclude Wigan it home when they were still clearly re-building, played 5, lost 5, scored 0 and conceded 16.

All seemed to go wrong in a mad 5 minutes. Firstly, AJLS....why go near post instead of smashing it across goal when clear through? Secondly, a combination of events which lead to their opener, which took the pressure of them, and was a total horror show.

Firstly, how the ref/ linesman couldn't see the blatant shove on Duffy that resulted in the corner was beyond me. But up steps Ryan McGivern...who else?......to make a bad situation worse with the type of scuffed clearance that would embarrass a pub player, and their guy smashes a shot in that Alnwick could only parry to their centre half who was clearly 2 yards offside we he nodded in.

At that point it needed calm heads just to steady things, but typical Vale get caught on the break from their own set play, make a real hash of clearing and boom 0-2.

Worse still, having already been given numerous warnings, including them hitting the bar once and Alnwick saving at least 3 times from distance, we continue to stand off despite the five man midfield and in goes the third. Game over.

I wouldn't say any the defence covered themselves in glory but it was obvious further goals would follow when Streete was replaced by Yates.

Yes they were a better team than us and it obviously helped they had something to play for, but this was a really poor end to what has been a reasonable season. Again, even in the last game with nothing (for us) at stake Page shows himself to be too cautious. A 3-5-2 was never going to work today against a side that had to score 3...that was obvious after 30 secs when Bradshaw run clear but skied it over. And we seem really slow to learn certain lessons, today's being not to let them line up shots from distance, fat lot of good having 5 in midfield did there.

For me, Folely is the only one to emerge with any credit from today, and to be honest, I'm not disappointed to see MoC go as I think Folely is missed in the middle when he's pushed out wide. We certainly missed Granty today. I certainly hope that's the last we see of McGivern...absolute liability. AJLS was a massive frustration today, just doesn't have a goal scorers instincts. Squad player at best for me. Why oh why didn't we go for Bradshaw when we had the chance?

Not sure I understand where this criticism of Alnwick has come from all of a sudden.

Advert

Thank god that's the season finished. Been the least number of matches in a season for about 20 years, thanks to Page's boring football. In all likelihood I will get a season ticket for next season, but unless there is a large improvement in the entertainment during matches it will be my last. On paper this season has been a success, watching most of the games have been less interesting than watching paint dry.

But that's my point - putting a tackle in is fine, fouling the player in the process is not compulsory.

In some cases it is 'to take one for the team', in some cases they were misjudged, in some cases they were poor decisions and in some cases like Dickinson they've been for stupid cases of dissent which no-one can defend. I'd take him over practically every other player we have 100 times out of 100 though.

In some cases it is 'to take one for the team'' date=' in some cases they were misjudged, in some cases they were poor decisions and in some cases like Dickinson they've been for stupid cases of dissent which no-one can defend. I'd take him over practically every other player we have 100 times out of 100 though.[/quote']

I'd take him as well and we certainly missed him today. I just want him ot improve that part of his game. How many other players in our division have reached 15 bookings??

I'd take him as well and we certainly missed him today. I just want him ot improve that part of his game. How many other players in our division have reached 15 bookings??

It would be good to see him improve it I agree but I think we have lots to focus on before that like scoring more, conceding less, stopping crosses, winning headers, winning second balls, stop conceding from our own attacking set pieces.

I think he's the most cautioned in our league which shows the tremendous work he's done for us this season.

Who got supporters club player of the year?

They failed to ask us directly to vote and then haven't announced it despite supposedly awarding it pre-match.

What a shambles of a closed shop the SC is.

Grant. They announced it before kick off.

I think he's the most cautioned in our league which shows the tremendous work he's done for us this season.

He's missed 6 games through suspension. So he didn't do a lot for us in those games. It doesn't have to be this way. Kante at Leicester has made the most tackles in the Premier League - he's had three bookings.

I like Grant and I think he is a great player but if he is to become an even better player for us he needs to curb the silliness that has cost him so many bookings, his final one at Gillingham being the most ludicrous I've seen in a long time.

Who got supporters club player of the year?

They failed to ask us directly to vote and then haven't announced it despite supposedly awarding it pre-match.

What a shambles of a closed shop the SC is.

Presented to Grant on the pitch at about 12.15 by young Frankie.

Michael,FPM and FBS will all be having a celebration party tonight.

I want Vale to win EVERY game, if I didn't I wouldn't be on here. Whereas you seem to delight in a defeat as it means you can churn out the same inane childish joke of spelling someones name wrongly. I bet you have been giggling for hours.

Archived