onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Walsall 5 Post Match Comments

Advert

Who got supporters club player of the year?

They failed to ask us directly to vote and then haven't announced it despite supposedly awarding it pre-match.

What a shambles of a closed shop the SC is.

I'm sure they speak highly of you too.

Today was a bad day at the office they clearly had a job to do whereas we had not a lot to play for.

I thought Alnick had no chance with at least two of the goals and saved quite a few others but was down to slow defending for the rebounds.

Two ball playing commanding centre halves needed who are a threat at corners/free kicks etc for next year at least one good goal scoring midfielder and two quality strikers.

He needs to be ruthless with the bench warmers to release the funds to do this.

Hopefully the striker should be the main priority statement of intent to sell season tickets but hey ho Pagey knows best and wants to keep this team together!!!

Having just seen the goals again on TV Alnwick should have done better with them all, the first 2 are shockers on his part.

When it comes to Alnwick I take your comments and assume the opposite is true. As usual, it's a good assumption to make.

The first goal looked suspiciously offside. The fault though lies with McGivern for shambolic defending. The second was off our own attack and we didn't close down well enough. Third and fifth were great strikes but as with the fourth the defence were far too slow at closing down.

The only goal I look at and think maybe Alnwick could do better with is the third as he got a weak hand to it. He also made some great saves judging by the highlights that kept the score down from being even more.

Let's all hope that the old saying that you learn more from a defeat than a victory is true because it is clear as daylight to me that the defence isn't good enough with neither McGivern or Duffy showing enough command to control my Jack Russell dog.

After yesterday I wouldn't even offer O'Connor another deal because he wasn't in the least bit interested. We need scrappers in the middle so only Foley and Brown came out of the match with any credit.

Our wide players Kelly and Moore are so weak that they are frankly embarrassing and need replacing. Moore in particular blows hot and cold but it looks as though his heating element has bust. It's such a shame because the lad has everything but one and that is a big heart unfortunately Byron's must be about as big as that of a mouse.

Up front it was hard to judge because neither of our forwards had any decent support.

My over all observations were why was it that when the attacked we looked short of defenders and when we attacked we were outnumbered also? It appears that most of our team were in hiding yesterday. So for me they can stay in hiding but at some other place than Port Vale please.

Finally we look like making another gaff by allowing our best keeper to leave. I'm sorry but until Jak learns how to command his six yard box then he will never be as good as Neal.

my marks ill apologise in advance to the page lovers .

Page 0 More Vale fans there than in most home games this season and u couldnt motivate thst pile of

Alnwick 5

Purkiss 2

Dicko 2

Duffy 2

Streete 2 Mcgivern 2

Oconnor 1

Foley 5

Brown 2

Hooper 3

Ajls 3

The marks tell u all u need to know in future down tell the press one thing and do anything but bd truthful.

Worse than V Burton and that was horrific ,a player can only attempt a shot from way out if given time and space do that ,Oconnor and Brown should be asking themselves in there area of the field why they Walsall were given time do that .

Vale fans deserve better ,really sold the club well yesterday didnt u players and manager .

id be sacked for the effort u put in yesterday .

Well played Walsall

at big moments the team has a habit of losing concentration completely, it starts to go bad and the team gives up it just isnt good enough, they should be fighting until the whistle gets blown, i think the problem is deeper than just blaming the keeper and its unfair to do so.

When it comes to Alnwick I take your comments and assume the opposite is true. As usual, it's a good assumption to make.

The first goal looked suspiciously offside. The fault though lies with McGivern for shambolic defending. The second was off our own attack and we didn't close down well enough. Third and fifth were great strikes but as with the fourth the defence were far too slow at closing down.

The only goal I look at and think maybe Alnwick could do better with is the third as he got a weak hand to it. He also made some great saves judging by the highlights that kept the score down from being even more.

The first one he didn't get a strong enough hand on to push it out wide and the second he pushed straight into the air, as for the saves both were pretty much straight at him and they were more like "one for the camera" moments.

Paid for an upgrade to go into the Chris Bayley suite yesterday , after we got in eventually , the commercial dept needs sorting aswell as the team. Surrounded by yam yams and then Vale put in that performance, haven't felt so embarrassed and ashamed of my team , undefenceable , hang your heads in shame , only saving light was a cracking afternoon in the crown!!

He's staying, a builder I know from Leek met with him last week to confirm the plans to build a new pub and complete the contract. He was trying explain to me where it's being built (he's a Stoke fan by the way) and i gather its somewhere on the club shop side, he said behind where he thinks the groundsman's equipment is kept?

Next season the only players that should be kept to try and build a team around are Purkiss, Grant, Foley and perhaps Dodds. I haven't included O'Connor because he wants to leave and here's no point tying to keep a player that isn't 100% committed. We need new centre-backs because none of them are consistently good enough. Streete has been a massive dissapointment considering the excitement over his signing. We also need a couple of experienced forwards. Leitch-Smith should be nothing more than a squad player while the jury is very much out on JJ Hooper.

Archived