onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Walsall 5 Post Match Comments

Seems very strange to me that our worst performances of the season were against Burton at home after we had come from 2 behind the week before at Peterboro ,and the last game of the season when 1000 more home fans turned up than v Rochdale who we hammered .

It sure was not the ending we wanted our fans have to carry that result around with them all summer ,thats what annoyed me no pride in the shirt ,no blood on there tops just 11 men who generally bar a few who didnt want know .

In hindsight the youth team would have done better cause at least then would have energy ,vigour and desire .

Ive forgiven them now cause i love the Vale but come on players do not represent our proud name if u aint going represent it properly .

Advert

Guest TommyMac

I said the same at the match. When one of our players shoots from 30 yards, the ball doesn't reach their goalkeeper.

I'm still seething about that performance, just not acceptable. To lose like that on the last day of the season should have some wages stopped. I think there is a real argument for some kind of performance related pay or bonus structure to be built in at clubs like Vale...

Anyway what really, really annoyed me and still does is this:

We have 3000 season ticket holders and then we have up to 2000 who will pay on the gate. Each time the 2000 make the effort to turn up, it seems guaranteed the team will let us all down big time. I.e. Burton and Walsall. I dread any game with any sort of occasion to it or bigger crowd expected. These are opportunities to sell Vale to the 2000 and we seem to mess it up every time. As I walked out after there was mumbling all around me of "well if that's what's on offer they can stick their season tickets" and " can't believe I've paid 22 quid for that" etc etc.

It's a fact ( which I can't get my head round ) that plenty of people can take or leave Vale, they'll come if we're doing well but won't bother if we're not and that game will have put many hundreds off coming again for a while, never mind buying a season ticket.

Final rant, Walsall looked unbeatable at Vale Park last week....

just shows how bad we were since Barnsley stuffed them big time, we are now managerless, directionless, virtually ownerless without direction or guidance, I just hope norman has got his finger on the pulse and gets his hand down to revitalise the club,perhaps no news is good news.

just shows how bad we were since Barnsley stuffed them big time, we are now managerless, directionless, virtually ownerless without direction or guidance, I just hope norman has got his finger on the pulse and gets his hand down to revitalise the club,perhaps no news is good news.

Samaritans of Stoke and Newcastle

15 Chapel Lane, Burslem, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST6 2AB

T: 01782 213 555

Archived