onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jack Butland

soothsayer

Advert

What is it when a Stoke player gets their chance with England? Another shocker! He was obviously injured before he cleared the ball, why on earth didn't he put it in touch? 5 seconds later he goes down in instalments and the ball is the England net.

He was an England player last night, not a Stoke player- get over it. Do you know what they call people who wear club colours at England games? This is the same thing

Now let me see... was that some Greek philosopher, your own wisdom,

Why not just enjoy what was a fantastic win, in which we played brilliantly and scored some quality goals? Stop looking for a negative slant every time. England were brilliant last night for a bunch of young lads they did extreme well.

You're an angry little chap aren't you, which is a shame because you have a point. Mario Gomes wouldn't get near the best German starting XI

Germany weren't far away from being at full strength. They have also often started with Podolski, and out of him and Gomez I know which one I would want in my team.

I don't think I have ever seen a team 'switch off' quite so obviously, deliberately and pathetically as Germanty after their second goal. The England performance was good, but getting carried away with it will end in tears, just like after Vale's 3-2 comeback was followed by a big crash against Burton.

The non-existent marking at the last corner was amazing, but generally the Germans just were not going to treat it as any more than a five-a-side for nearly all the second half. That was most definitely NOT the world champions England just beat, but well done for an enthusiastic performance anyway.

Didn't get an Easter egg this morning then?

He was an England player last night, not a Stoke player- get over it. Do you know what they call people who wear club colours at England games? This is the same thing

Whoosh....... You totally missed my point.

To spell it out in simple terms for you the point I was making was - as with Shawcross before him - when he got his big opportunity he fluffed his lines. It's nothing to do with him being a Stoke player but I was alluding to a similar incident involving Shawcross when he had a mare on his full debut and has never got another chance. I think Butland is young enough to get better but he's a way behind Joe Hart imho and more performances like last night he won't be No.2 either.

Whoosh....... You totally missed my point.

To spell it out in simple terms for you the point I was making was - as with Shawcross before him - when he got his big opportunity he fluffed his lines. It's nothing to do with him being a Stoke player but I was alluding to a similar incident involving Shawcross when he had a mare on his full debut and has never got another chance. I think Butland is young enough to get better but he's a way behind Joe Hart imho and more performances like last night he won't be No.2 either.

You're opening gambit was "what is it when Stoke players.." How the **** is it "nothing to do with him being a Stoke player", as stated in your post above?

You don't need to spell things out for me thanks, instead I'd just stick to trying to count past twelve if I was you.

As someone who bemoans our lack of talent I have to say that I was hugely impressed with the team last night.

Yes, it's a warm up match and the Germans were not firing on all cylinders but is there ever such a thing as a Germany-England friendly?

The way the team fought back and took the game to them was brilliant in the last half hour. What a finish to a fine move from Vardy! If that had been Messi we'd be drooling over the goal. Wonderful. And what a great effort from the likes of Ali, Kane, Dier and Rose. The Spurs lads did really well.

Woy has a very difficult task picking his squad for the summer, as a number of the new lads last night played outstandingly well.

I think Butland is a very good goalkeeper and will come again. Hart is also prone to making mistakes but is perhaps a bit ahead of the other two.

It is nice to see us with 3 decent keepers now after struggling for some time.

You're opening gambit was "what is it when Stoke players.." How the **** is it "nothing to do with him being a Stoke player", as stated in your post above?

You don't need to spell things out for me thanks, instead I'd just stick to trying to count past twelve if I was you.

Whoosh, whoosh!! The fact he plays for Stoke is not relevant if he and Shawcross played for Vale the same point stands. For whatever reason recent debuts from players from the same said team have have been woeful.

Archived