onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(OVF) Potential legal dispute over ownership of Vale Park buildings

Guest OVF Feature

I applaud Pete Williams for revealing these facts. I know that Peter who isn't in the best of health has met with hostility when he has tried to discuss this matter. Which I suppose should come as no big surprise in regard to Mr P R himself.

Advert

At the far end of this building, where the away entrances are, were doors leading to offices, kitchen and changing rooms. These may (or did) extend through to where the shop is or part of is.

Most likely will be corrected by some one if not true.

I applaud Pete Williams for revealing these facts. I know that Peter who isn't in the best of health has met with hostility when he has tried to discuss this matter. Which I suppose should come as no big surprise in regard to Mr P R himself.

If I were Mr Williams I would let the barrister do the talking from now on.

If the trust want the buildings, Smurf should give them a month take them off his land, if they don't, the club should send them the bill for the removal of the said buildings, put the shop temporary back around Lorne street, until a new building can be erected.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3589[/ATTACH]

Old picture from the OVF archives attached. The current ticket office/club shop is the building far right which (I believe) was unused and boarded up for some time after construction.

The new shop isn't on that picture. The second picture shows the shop much closer to the camera as it extended from the older community building. The shop (the building), in it's current position, didn't exist over 2/3 years ago.

If the trust want the buildings, Smurf should give them a month take them off his land, if they don't, the club should send them the bill for the removal of the said buildings, put the shop temporary back around Lorne street, until a new building can be erected.

It may not be as simple as that.... just imagine the bill from the trust for the use of the buildings... and the complicated legal case that could arise from the club using the buildings for commercial enterprises

The new shop isn't on that picture. The second picture shows the shop much closer to the camera as it extended from the older community building. The shop (the building), in it's current position, didn't exist over 2/3 years ago.

curioser and curioser

Surely it did? The building which now houses the shop has been there since before the Smurf takeover?

The new shop isn't on that picture.

You're right it isn't - my mistake - but I think it was still there at the time - sadly when I took that photo I was concentrating on the turnstiles so it doesn't stretch to show the space where the building was/wasn't standing...

The shop (the building), in it's current position, didn't exist over 2/3 years ago.

This photo showing the building:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3591[/ATTACH]

is time-stamped 27/3/2010 on my external hard-drive which would suggest it did exist over 2/3 years ago.

Just to age it - my photos from that folder also include some of loanee Craig Davies (I often got photos of recent signings) outside the ground taken on the same day. Davies (below) was on loan from January 2010 to May 2010 so that would seem to verify that the photo is from early 2010.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3592[/ATTACH]

re the new gym and away turnstiles as someone said there used to be offices at the front the line of these buildings are still there from tommy cheadles down to the club shop in the corner running from the away turnstiles to the back of the club shop was a gym entry by a single door on the hamil road car park a wall ran from the gym to where the new building now ends the wall was there because there was a big drop cars used to park there that is now the club shop the old gym was knocked down because the gable end to the gym where these cars parked became unsafe ie the gable end came away from the roof how do I no this the junior valiants used the gym on a Saturday morning 11am till 2pm on home matches there also used to be a big crack in the back wall this also got larger over time this was report to the club and as a result the gym was condemned and pulled down and the new one built by the football league and community programme when they where trying to get explayers back into football clubs the reason I no this is because I and my wife ran the junior valiants till being told that the community programme was to take over the running of the J V club .

Rsb, are you saying that the new shop was built on the end of that building?The old shop was in the Lorne Street which is now as far as I know empty.Belly used a premises on Hamil Road at one time.It would suggest the new shop premises has nothing to do with the CT.I maybe wrong .

Archived