onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wigan A 3 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

I guess all the managers on here would have coped much better with O'Connor getting injured in the warm up and having to be replaced by Foley.

Well Page did at the start of the season ;)

What's that got to do with the inclusion of Yates, Dodds and Dickinson? What's it got to do with the exclusion of Inniss? What's it got to do with leaving the midfield wide open? What's it got to go with his bizarre subs?

Why were Vale fans being forced onto that rough, official car park and made to pay £5, when Wigan fans were being allowed to park for free on the much better and free Powerleague car park?

The only reason vale fans had to pay £5 was because vale charged Wigan fans a fiver to park. The coaches normally park for free at Wigan but our coaches were charged £20 just because vale charged Wigan coaches £20.

I dont mind losing a game when the players give everything but this bunch of lazy are just an embarrassment, I left the game the second McGivern gave the penalty away I didn't even give the ref chance wave a well deserved red card, If Rob page got anything about him he shud make the players refund the fans ticket money like ive seen other clubs do if they dont we shud boycott the next home game.

First visit to Wigans new ground and was really impressed with the stadium, facilities and location. The game itself was a pretty dreadful event, with too many poor performances, lack of effort and bad tactics to have come away with anything. Page has often been critisised for being too negative but today we were far too generous and open with our setup and tactics. The amount of space we gave them in all areas of the field was unbelievable and I'm still unconvinced that Page is the man to take this club forward. Felt sorry once again for the great away following.

Where was the old Wigan ground in relation to the DW Stadium?

Ive no idea how you can say that Dodds didnt looked bothered. He ran twice as far and tackled twice as many players as some of our lot. Yates was poor against one of the best players i have seen this season.

Grant just doesn't seem the same player at the moment. Foley is giving the ball away too frequently. It was the right thing to take off Kennedy. The lad was shattered and he had hardly touched the ball.

Made sense to bring off AJ and keep some pace up front (although the ball hardly went up field ) also to save AJ for Tuesday.

It looked to me that Innis was at fault for the third goal. Im glad he will be playing on Tuesday but im not expecting miracles. I hope Purkiss is in too!!

Despite us being hammered in the first half we still should have scored. Foley hit it right at the keeper and he did a great save off Kennedy, plus AJ had chances. It could have been a very different story.

I'm no manager, but doesn't mean my views on certain performance and tactics today are wrong. Yates was getting torn to shreds and Dodds simply stood by and watched it happen, again and again. If I could see it, and Wigan could see it, why didn't Page see it! The loss of O'Connor had nothing to do with the loss.

It's because Doddsy is the 'Invisible Man'.

A dire lack of effort. I barely recall one tackle even Grant was woeful. Yates shouldn't feature again, Dodds should only feature if just behind the striker and never again on the wing.

Duffy has a mare, McGivern should of let Grigg go and at least we'd have had 11 men to turn it around. See on the highlights he almost hit the referee!

Can take losing but can't take that kind of performance, about 8 players had poor games and you can't win games like that.

I dont mind losing a game when the players give everything but this bunch of lazy are just an embarrassment, I left the game the second McGivern gave the penalty away I didn't even give the ref chance wave a well deserved red card, If Rob page got anything about him he shud make the players refund the fans ticket money like ive seen other clubs do if they dont we shud boycott the next home game.

Admit it,you didn't go did you?

Archived