onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wigan A 3 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Back line was shambolic, Yates should be nowhere near the first team. Grant didn't look bothered. Worst first-half in a long time. If Page had anything about him he would have brought Purkiss/Inniss on before half time. The man has no bravery when it comes to subs.

Subbing Leitch-Smith, the only man in our team scoring, and one of the few trying to create something, for Kelly was ludicrous. I've always been defensive of Page but I think after today, after seeing the way we've handed an admittedly good team 3 points on a silver platter, I'm starting to believe he just doesn't have the qualities to be a good manager. I would love to be proved wrong.

Woeful stuff, back to the mid-table mediocrity we should all be content with because as Vale fans we shun ambition. UTV.

Disgraceful performance in front of a terrific following yet again! Yates, Duffy and Mcgivern simply too slow for this level, Grant and Dodds didn't look bothered, did Hooper even touch the ball? Only Alnwick gained any credit from today.

On a more important note I hope the Vale fan who was taken out by paramedics is okay.

Bad day at the office against a team on their way back to the championship. Was a penalty but Dickinson was covering so not a sending off. I hate slating Vale players but Yates looked like a 50 year old today, vey poor. Great following again.

Let's see how we respond in front of a potentially low gate on Tuesday.

I'm not singling him out just because he got sent off - This can and does happen. But McGivern would struggle to get in my old school side. He offers very little as a defender in that he's quite slow, lacks height and isn't great in the air, very average at best positionally.... It's almost a crime that he gets chosen of Innis and Streete.

In September, Wigan bought 1300 fans to Vale Park. That's after years in the prem and an FA Cup win. Today we took 1500 to Wigan. That's after two decades of disappointment, administration and embarrassment. The club, the players need to realise what they're playing for.

In September, Wigan bought 1300 fans to Vale Park. That's after years in the prem and an FA Cup win. Today we took 1500 to Wigan. That's after two decades of disappointment, administration and embarrassment. The club, the players need to realise what they're playing for.

In fairness Wigan will always be much more of a Rugby city, no matter what league they are playing in. I do agree that the players let the supporters down far too much on the road though.

I still think Page is the man for the job but he must learn how to use subs to make a positive impact on the game and pick a team to win each game & stop automatically picking unchanged teams when win - it's not always the right think to do and is a cop out.

The only players to come out of today with any credit for me were Alnwick and AJ. McGivern was ironically our best defender until his red card. The positioning of our full backs was woeful today whilst Yates looked like he was pulling a caravan from minute one!

Back line was shambolic, Yates should be nowhere near the first team. Grant didn't look bothered. Worst first-half in a long time. If Page had anything about him he would have brought Purkiss/Inniss on before half time. The man has no bravery when it comes to subs.

Subbing Leitch-Smith, the only man in our team scoring, and one of the few trying to create something, for Kelly was ludicrous. I've always been defensive of Page but I think after today, after seeing the way we've handed an admittedly good team 3 points on a silver platter, I'm starting to believe he just doesn't have the qualities to be a good manager. I would love to be proved wrong.

Woeful stuff, back to the mid-table mediocrity we should all be content with because as Vale fans we shun ambition. UTV.

Good grief,did you see Purkiss play against Millwall?

Archived