onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wigan A 3 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Good grief,did you see Purkiss play against Millwall?

He must have been bad if Yates is keeping him out of the team. I think Yates is still out there on the Wigan pitch trying to catch their winger in the dark! I've always been a fan of Yatesy, who is usually a reliable player, but today he was woefully bad. He usually uses his positional sense to make up for his lack of pace, but even that was terrible today.

I did and he wasn't good but he has been most of the season. Yates like a few others consistently fail and really should have been let go after promotion.

I see Jack Grimmer scored the winner against Sheff.Wed today,he would have done a good job at right back for us.

He must have been bad if Yates is keeping him out of the team. I think Yates is still out there on the Wigan pitch trying to catch their winger in the dark!

Yates had to pay to get back in 4 times.Useless.Would you really want Dodds in the trenches with you?Tart.

I'm not one for criticising Page because I think he's doing a decent job but today Yates was taking the beating of a lifetime with Dodds offering little help and Page did nothing about it. A change had to be made but nothing. Wigan are a good side and will be in the mix for automatic promotion but we let them play first half. The midfield were chasing shadows and we were crying out to go back to flooding the midfield like we've been doing most of the season. If we'd have got to half time only one down then maybe things could have been different but the correct sending off of McGiven finished the game as a contest.

I don't think losing O'Connor had so much an impact to the extent that we were a shambles all over the pitch.

Too many poor performances, basic errors, and players looking either tired, badly out of form or out of their depth at this level.

I guess all the managers on here would have coped much better with O'Connor getting injured in the warm up and having to be replaced by Foley.

I'm no manager, but doesn't mean my views on certain performance and tactics today are wrong. Yates was getting torn to shreds and Dodds simply stood by and watched it happen, again and again. If I could see it, and Wigan could see it, why didn't Page see it! The loss of O'Connor had nothing to do with the loss.

I'm no manager, but doesn't mean my views on certain performance and tactics today are wrong. Yates and getting torn to shreds and Dodds simply stood by and watched it happen, again and again. If I can see it, and Wigan could see it, why didn't Page see it! The loss of O'Connor had nothing to do with the loss.

I'm not one for slating Page but Dodds and Yates should have been taken off after ten minutes.Their best player was there for all to see.Dodds and Yates contributing to try and stop him was the same as my contribution to try and stop him.

Archived