onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

26th Dec 2015, Coventry C v Port Vale, pre-match comments and the match itself

Fosse69

Missing my first Boxing Day match for years. Sorry to say I'm fed up of crap team selection, rubbish negative tactics away from home and a manager who seems to think that is really acceptable. Oh I nearly forgot and a chairman who thinks we're all a bunch of racist thugs.

Happy Christmas and see you on 28th!!!

Same with me Bert. I can't remember missing a boxing day game home or away in the last thirty years, but I have got fed up watching Page's negative tactics away from home and with basically being branded a racist thug (along with every Vale fan) has killed my pig.

Page out

Smurthwaite out

Advert

Same with me Bert. I can't remember missing a boxing day game home or away in the last thirty years, but I have got fed up watching Page's negative tactics away from home and with basically being branded a racist thug (along with every Vale fan) has killed my pig.

Page out

Smurthwaite out

I usually make a effort on boxing day.Coventry last time ,this year wasn't it was brilliant but I can't justify paying money watch a team who play for a 0_0 every away game ,the only time he changes it it's like for like ,never really gets a response generally .

No buzz away like under Adams as he would want win every game and least we would have a go and even if we lost u would come away and say well least we enjoyed it because we could c something.

So I'll give it a miss also but hope they play really well and entertain those who do go.

Page out

Smurthwaite out

I agreed wholeheartedly. A 4-1 home win in this one for me, I'm sorry to say.

Sorry to say that I, too will be giving this a miss. Dross served up by RP and his lads this season away from home has finally made me realise that there are far more important and enjoyable things to do with my life. Christmas is a time to be with ones you want to be with, and that rules out a drab,uninspiring, lacklustre Vale game , sorry. From what I can gather there are many, many more with similar feelings now to Vale's away non-events.

Uche to start and try to recapture some of our early season performances.

I worry that since Page went public and said we're punching above our weight it'll have the same effect as Smurtwaite's 'we can't go up because crowds are too small' debacle last season. I think that was around the time of the Coventry game last year.

Without belief you've got nothing but a load of players ticking games off until their summer break.

Uche to start and try to recapture some of our early season performances.

I worry that since Page went public and said we're punching above our weight it'll have the same effect as Smurtwaite's 'we can't go up because crowds are too small' debacle last season. I think that was around the time of the Coventry game last year.

Without belief you've got nothing but a load of players ticking games off until their summer break.

If it was around the time of the Coventry game last season, it may have had an effect as we won at Cov 3-2!

I wouldn't. Nothing I've seen from JJ makes me want him to start off. Foley behind AJ playing the Dodds role but hopefully a lot better. Dicko to come back in at left back and give Lloyd a chance on the left maybe.

How can you say that?!? Hooper has only had 5 minute spells!!! You wouldn't play but you'd starts llyod?!?

Archived