onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Walsall 2 Port Vale 0. post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

I think that the point that OS is making is that Pope would be a great partner for AJ as he can certainly hold the ball up. I think it would be great watching AJ running from slightly deeper but it won't happen alas! Remember our chairman did promise us paying fans a decent striker at half the salary. I gave up on that one a long time ago.

You mean in the same way that Pope held the ball up for Williamson? Remind me how many assists for Williamson goals did Pope contribute to? Would rather have Williamson up top with AJ. We don't need a player with height (Even though Williamson was over 6ft he wasn't that kind of player)...we don't get wingers who can cross into the box.

You mean in the same way that Pope held the ball up for Williamson? Remind me how many assists for Williamson goals did Pope contribute to? Would rather have Williamson up top with AJ. We don't need a player with height (Even though Williamson was over 6ft he wasn't that kind of player)...we don't get wingers who can cross into the box.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but prepare yourself mate. My prayers are with with you over this difficult time, if you survive the inevitable onslaught then it'll be a miracle.

To be fair, people complain at pope supporters saying they are basing it off one season, when you claim AJ has goals in abundance based on a couple of months. Until now ne has never scored more than a handful of goals. So its a bit too early to make such bold statements. And I think its unfair to claim pope didnt create goals for himself. He made plenty out of situations when by rights he shouldnt have. The goal against wimbledon on tv being a good example.

For the money he was offered and length of contract, I have no issues with vale letting him go, or pope deciding to leave. But most of your argument about him is ridiculous.

Well said Andy a couple of weeks ago folk on here wouldn't give Leitch Smith the time of day and Uche was many peoples idea of the 'dogs do do's fickle folk are most football fans without a shred of loyalty.

Looking on the bright side,which not many people seem to be doing,please note that despite Sundays defeat we are still just 4 points off the play-offs.You never know,with a bit more support the lads might be able to stay in contention well into the New Year?
Sorry mate but I will only feel confident when we have another 20 odd points in the bag. The fact is with the way we are performing I keep looking down rather than up!

Just out of interest...what WILL entice you back to make you enjoy again??

I have absolutely no idea . What makes you like one song and not another. I just know that I was coming home from virtually every game last season in a foul mood. That cloud has now been lifted. Doesn't mean I don't want Vale to do well, I just don't enjoy watching anymore. I don't expect Barcelona but I do expect better from what we've got. How many games in the last two years have we had a chance of getting into the top 6 and how many of those have we won. I don't expect to win every one but if you're seventh or eighth , you don't expect the answer to be none either. There is something wrong somewhere.

Now I know that you are jesting:laugh: How can you compare Pope with Williamson. The ball could have been laid on a plate but the fact was that Willow couldn't hit a pig's bottom with a banjo. It hasn't taken Gills long to work that one out and send him off on loan.

Now I know that you are jesting:laugh: How can you compare Pope with Williamson. The ball could have been laid on a plate but the fact was that Willow couldn't hit a pig's bottom with a banjo. It hasn't taken Gills long to work that one out and send him off on loan.

But he did score for Cambridge when the opposition keeper hit his bottom.

Please tell me that you are jesting.

I think that the point that OS is making is that Pope would be a great partner for AJ as he can certainly hold the ball up. I think it would be great watching AJ running from slightly deeper but it won't happen alas! Remember our chairman did promise us paying fans a decent striker at half the salary. I gave up on that one a long time ago.

How many did Pope score last season?

His role in essence has been filled by either Uche or AJLS, how many do they therefore have combined?

When you work out those two figures I guess the chairman has done what he said he would do.

Crying and whinging because Pope (who had one sensational season and was a good player for us) left for cash (which he's entitled to do even if it's to sit on the bench in the same league) like some seem to be doing and trying to beat the chairman with a stick because of the managers continual failure to set up the team appropriately away from home don't link for me.

Sorry, I forgot to mention it's 2015 and I'm talking about now. His goal return is woeful- he's robbing a wage at Bury. Living in the past is pointless and I'm glad we're not sponsoring his downward spiral

Correct. Smurf definitely got his head and his heart the right way round on this decision. Bury's suicidal wage budget will catch upon them before the season is over, where the wheels have also come off their results.

Archived