onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Your starting eleven for Walsall?

robf

Advert

Before I started subscribing to Valiant Player I was a big Streete plan. At the moment when you watch goals back in real time too often it has been Streets's loss of concentration which has cost us goals. I'm convinced that he will become a very good player, but centrehalves and goal-keepers tend to take time to mature. I think McGivern is a better centrehalf than leftback and he's a better option there than Streete on current form, although long-term he is more of a limited player. I don't think our improved results when McGivern came in to the side were a coincidence. Streete has played some football as a rightback, so I guess for me the choice is playing Yates or Streete on their weaker side or Deen-Conteh. At least Yates has some first team experience in the position, although I do think Streete would probably benefit in the side to gain experience somewhere other than as a centrehalf.

I'd go

Alnwick

Purkiss Duffy McGivern any on of three above

Moore O'Connor Grant Kelly (probably)

Foley

AJ

Foley played a lot as a number 10 at Yeovil. Dodds/Foley is a difficult call because I think Dodds on his day is very very good - but he also has too many not very good days. Both have scored 4 goals, Foley has more assists, but Foley has spent most of the season in a deeper position than he normally plays, so I think its about time he gets a couple of games to show what he can do a little further forward. I also think he's probably the best header of the ball out of the players who can play up front/no 10 - taller than Dodds and AJ and Uche is pretty awful for a big man.

Well I did.... One game dosent make a young lad a bad footballer. Ill remember his many good showings rather than one very poor showing. Besides the others didn't exactly impress either.

The problem for me with Streete isn't that he is a bad player or has bad games, but he makes one or 2 costly decisions in quite a few games which have led to goals being conceded. Its a difficult call because I think his errors are down to a lack of experience/footballing maturity and maybe he will only develop that with a run in the team. Maybe he needs a run in the team in a different position to gain a bit more experience. He has the footballing ability to play in midfield and has played as a fullback in the past.

The problem for me with Streete isn't that he is a bad player or has bad games, but he makes one or 2 costly decisions in quite a few games which have led to goals being conceded. Its a difficult call because I think his errors are down to a lack of experience/footballing maturity and maybe he will only develop that with a run in the team. Maybe he needs a run in the team in a different position to gain a bit more experience. He has the footballing ability to play in midfield and has played as a fullback in the past.

I'd agree with that. Personally though I think we should give him a run in the side and he will only get better. He's made mistakes but can only learn from them.

Page is frightened of losing so will stick with his favourites Yates,Dodds and Birchall.

Expect a backs to the wall (or Walsall) performance hoping to pinch a goal.

Streete hadn't played for weeks but was made the scapegoat at Exeter despite other players putting in a dire performance.

Logically Strete should be given a chance to prove himself and McGivern moved to left back (or even give Deen Conteh a chance at left back).

Foley gives us more options on the left side and Uche and AJ up front after Dodds pathetic performance last week.

When is JJ Hooper going to given a fair chance after Norman stumped up the money to greet him in?

Dicko will be back soon and he is a better option at left back

Yates has his weaknesses, but he doesn't get turned inside out every time he comes up against any average wide man. Dicko has some good points, but he is clueless when a player runs at him with the ball.

Can't see Page playing two up front. Given Walsalls reputation as a passing side we will make sue we are not over-run in midfield.

If Vale turn up I think we can get something from this, especially with Walsall losing Smith to Brentford.

My feeling is Birchall should start, not Moore. Having Moore, Uche and maybe Dodds on the bench gives us a chance to change things a bit if we have to.

Archived