onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Your starting eleven for Walsall?

robf

Who would you pick for your starting eleven against Walsall?

Byron Moore could be fit enough to be in the squad while the Sentinel reckons Sam Foley may move to the left instead of Sam Kelly.

But what would you do?

Who plays in central midfield? Who plays on the left/right flanks? Who plays upfront?

Tell us what your starting eleven would be...

Advert

Left back looks an interesting position at the moment with Dickinson suspended.

Keep Yates there again, he'll do a job although he doesn't look comfortable using his left foot. Or shift McGivern across and start Streete who looked off the pace against Exeter, alongside Duffy.

Page will stick with Yates I would think and the same back 4 as last week.

Other than that, you could argue that Foley deserves to be in the starting 11, but I cant see him replacing O'Connor or Grant so would he bring him in for Dodds or Kelly?

Utch hasn't done enough for a start the last few weeks, but looks dangerous coming off the bench, and Daniel hasn't done much since he had a good few games last month.

It would be nice to see JJ Hooper given a bit more than 5 minutes here and there, just to see what he's capable of.

Alnwick

Purkiss

Duffy

Streete

Mcgivern

Moore

Foley

Grant

Kelly

AJ

Uche

Pretty much this I reckon. Uche hasn't exactly been great in the past month or so, but on a tiny pitch like this I think he might do alright. The only person I'm confident in up front currently is AJ, and I dread to think of our front line if his run stops.

I'd like Streete to start and actually give a good performance, but I'm still a bit nervous about him, he's made a lot of mistakes this season (more than some of the others). As much as I think Yates isn't good enough for our starting 11, I'd trust him slightly more at the moment.

I feel safe in saying he will never be one of the greatest left backs of all time! :laugh:

He struggles to cross or find a pass with his right foot let alone his left!

Joking aside he's a try hard middle of the road league 2 footballer the squad seems to be sadly packed with hence why we aren't progressing now injuries have bitten.

It is a shame that not everyone appreciates Yatesy's hardworking, efficient and loyal service to Port Vale, where he has proved he is quite capable of being a decent League ONE defender, not a star of the division, but equally as good as many defenders in the division as part of Vale's squad. At a modest wage, he is a good asset for Vale.

I wish we could all get behind whatever team is selected, and help them on to a good return of points over the Christmas period.

Away he has to try something different, we r horrendous away hence folk rarely wish to travel .

Maybe a change of formation with someone doing a man to Man on sawyers who is there best player and is very capable of getting a goal of two .

So here's my team .

Alnwick

Purkiss Duffy Mcgivern Yates

Moore Foley O'connor Birchall Kelly

AJ L'S

Foley or O'Connor to do the man marking on sawyers ,Moore and Kelly should stretch Walsalls back line Birchall Foley and O'connor to win the ball and thread the ball through to AJLS so there is no point in playing it in the air as it will come straight back .

Grant to come on for Birchall once we r 2-0 in the lead to do Birchall job the same or if we r locked at 0-0 then uche for his power and size and he will get the winner if he has any self believe whatsoever.

Archived