onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 12 Dec 2015, Port Vale 1 Scunthorpe 1 All comments

Fosse69

Advert

Will the players be booed on to the pitch on Saturday?

They should be, because that's the point of being a Vale supporter isn't it?

Just look how the Exeter fans' non-stop cheering and encouragement badly affected their side yesterday.

Heaven forbid we do that.

Think I have got the players attitude and I cannot be bothered anymore. In the biggest game of the season they let us down and it will take more than 3 points against on paper a poor team to win me over.

I will be there but not looking forward to it, all early season hope has gone, yesterday was a complete low for me.

Only missed 1 away game in last 2 years but seriously considering whether to go Walsall, glad I haven't brought my ticket yet.

I do not see us as a bad team, but it needs to improve performance in some games and we just lost the evil will of the players or errors that could be avoided by improving so we will reach higher places that when we play well we are winning teams good, Winning the Scunthorpe in the next game is essential for the future in the league.

As I see it Jos, beating Scunthorpe is an absolute must - no other result will be acceptable.

Vale's home record is excellent I understand the frustration of the weekend but the same players who didn't put a shift in are the ones that have made Vale Park a tough place to visit.

I expect a reaction and a routine 2-0 home win against a pretty uninspiring albeit hardworking Scunthorpe team.....

Its the uninspiring hardworking teams we have trouble with

It's the players attitude, it was a cup game the only time we have played well in a cup was against Burnley , why we were underdogs. I think we will win, but that's only because of the backlash from the exter game. Exeter showed how to play in a cup match against better players. It's passion commitment and shear work rate. Like we have done against wigan etc. However a lot of our performances have been average at most. The lack of strikers and slow possession football will cost us dear.

Foley in central midfield helps as he runs at the defenders and he moves the ball faster, i think most managers are obsessed with possession, it is only a stat, the most important stat to win a game is in GOALS!!!!!!! for column and that's something that has been wrong from the beginning of the season.

OK, here's another way of looking at it!

OR Liverpool at home!?.......

Exeter may end up with some rubbish "reward" like Charlton away. If so, we're not missing out on anything.

If we can get good results against Scun-thorpe and Walsall that would set us up for an excellent, reasonably-close Boxing Day fixture against the league leaders in front of a big crowd.

Incidentally, by my reckoning 11 clubs have already gone out of this year's Cup to teams in lower divisions than their own.

I agree O'Connor just isnt on it this year not like last season, Foley for me needs to return to central midfield with Grant we also maybe need to get Brown in somewhere particulary away from home to bolster and protect the back four

This long Hoof Ball from back to front seems to have crept into our play again insted of the passing game we started with at the start of the season, we cant win headers when the ball is pumped forward as Aj and Dodds can neither win headers, even Uche when he plays as big as he is cant win headers, we constantly give the ball back to the opposition when we have it.

Back to basics methinks this saturday and they will be up for it sensing an upset from our exit from the cup!!

Time for a complete reshuffle for me.

......................Alnwick................

Purkiss....Duffy......McGivern....Yates

............Grant........Oaks...............

....................Foley......................

Moore............Hooper.............Ajay

That team is just mad- playing people out of position won't solve anything

O'Connor has been nowhere near his form of last season and frankly imo Foley is a far better proposition in the centre midfield. Whether RP is prepared to drop O'Connor is yet to be seen.

How come Vale play, or seemingly , try to play a defensive formation even at home IF we go a goal up? Everyone and his dog know only too well that we are continuing to be awful at the back and CANNOT be expected to hold onto any winning position we ever get into by falling back and trying to defend. Someone posted that we ought to simply attack opposition, particularly away from home since we may as well entertain fans and attempt to get points rather than meekly surrendering with an inadequately coached or sadly lacking in tactics squad. We may as well lose(which is always on the cards away) by having a go for God's sake!!

RP ought to be coaching the players and instructing them on formations each game so what is happening off field on the training pitch? We may well see some reaction Saturday but whatever it's too late to console a lot of hard core and floater fans.

Archived