onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 12 Dec 2015, Port Vale 1 Scunthorpe 1 All comments

Fosse69

And that will achieve what exactly?

I'm not going to stay away to "achieve" anything, I'm doing it because I'm disgusted by the actions/words of the chairman and feel totally disenfranchised as a supporter within a fanbase that's been labelled as racist, violent and unforgiving to all and sundry this week.

You're supposed to feel pride for your football club. Right now, all I feel is embarrassment. You're supposed to feel that your club values your support. Right now, it feels like the supporters are blamed for everything and treated with utter contempt.

For all his faults, Bratt never stooped as low or heaped shame and disgrace on the club to anything like the extent that Smurthwaite has this week. And all for what purpose? It's utter madness and I've had enough.

After 35 years support, I'm left seriously questioning if I want to continue watching the club while Smurthwaite remains here as chairman.

There'll be no protesting, card waving or coffin marching from me this time but nor do I feel like simply carrying on turning up regardless in the circumstances either. I think the time's come to simply walk away.

Cheers Norman.

Advert

Mr. H, I no longer think we are in a position to be arguing amongst ourselves. If fans are angry and want to stay away as it is upsetting (or affecting their health, ahem), then that is up to them and there is no point criticizing it. I for one won't be judging any of them. There has been a lot of damage dealt to our club in the last week, and it is a time for us to stand together, regardless of personal issues & past arguements. We're all Vale fans.

However, in the meantime, I will be attending all games, regardless of results, trying to help create an atmosphere, & trying to forget about the very sad situation behind the scenes, which, hopefully, will begin to fix itself (although I'm not holding my breath, it is Vale, so I'm used to the soap opera by now).

Completely agree.

I'm not going to stay away to "achieve" anything, I'm doing it because I'm disgusted by the actions/words of the chairman and feel totally disenfranchised as a supporter within a fanbase that's been labelled as racist, violent and unforgiving to all and sundry this week.

You're supposed to feel pride for your football club. Right now, all I feel is embarrassment. You're supposed to feel that your club values your support. Right now, it feels like the supporters are blamed for everything and treated with utter contempt.

For all his faults, Bratt never stooped as low or heaped shame and disgrace on the club to anything like the extent that Smurthwaite has this week. And all for what purpose? It's utter madness and I've had enough.

After 35 years support, I'm left seriously questioning if I want to continue watching the club while Smurthwaite remains here as chairman.

There'll be no protesting, card waving or coffin marching from me this time but nor do I feel like simply carrying on turning up regardless in the circumstances either. I think the time's come to simply walk away.

Cheers Norman.

Fair enough! There has been talk on here of protests, 5 minutes silence after kick-off (!) and whatnot, and I didn't know if you were trying to send a message by staying away rather than just feeling sick to the stomach by the whole affair. I hope you feel able to attend again soon.

Jeez, what a sad state of affairs.

Archived