onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rochdale 2 Port Vale 1, post match comments

Fosse69

Said much the same earlier in the thread. Why scout a team if you are just going to keep playing the same players irrespective. We must have one of the biggest squads in the league so it's a complete and utter mystery why he isn't using it to outwit and out manage opponents especially away from home.

Up to the ludicrous penalty, that's what we were doing. We were pressing high up the pitch and forcing them into mistakes. The penalty gave them some impetus - any team would think it was their day after that decision!

Advert

A disappointing result but not a surprising one as we have been playing quite badly and winning. Don't let criticism of the referee cloud your judgement. My main thought about the referee is that he failed to protect Grant from the foul-in-turn tactics employed by Rochdale. However Rochdale were much quicker that the Vale both in thought and deed. It is very clear that our defenders do not trust Alnwick. He makes some creditable saves but does not hold the ball, makes poor decisions about leaving his line and gathering, fails to gather or punch powerfully from crosses, and has poor distribution (this is partly the fault of our defenders and midfielders who do not make themselves available for passes). Great credit to Dickinson for carrying the ball forward and setting up attacks in the final ten minutes. I'm sure he was frustrated and provoked before the red card. I agree that it is time to play our best eleven available and vital to get Neal in goal now that he is fit.

Alnwick was mint today wtf are you on about

Ah well, one defeat in six isn't bad at all. Listening to it, once Vale scored we seemed to drop back and defend, a dangerous tactic.

Always a tough place to go, but if only Uche had passed to a wide open player instead of shooting, we would have been 2-1 up , and possibly gone on to win it. Small margins , and then they go up the other end and score. Onwards and upwards. UTV

If he said that then he's a clown. If he did dive then you appeal it.

All I and everyone around me could see was their player on the floor.

I asked the question to a few people after.Most only saw the same 'their player on then floor'.From where I was I couldn't see how the ref actually managed to see what happened,ditto the useless linesman.But someone else told me that their player stamped on Dicko's foot and then Dicko (wrongly)retaliated.But you could see that leading up to this that Dicko was getting very frustrated with the ref and linemen .Rochdale played on this frustration that not only Dicko had.

He had no time really to make any sort of an impact.

The obvious sub (as lots around me intimated when Page brought off AJ who had no service from wide areas or O'Connor or support from Dodds) initially was Uche for Dodds, I'm not sure Uche and Hooper are a foil for each other but then again you can't judge on 10 minutes when we were up against it.

That said until then we were 1-1 so I personally wasn't thinking about a second striker while we were under siege.

Dear Mr Sperm,

I am sure I speak for many here by saying I can't wait for your good self to be the next manager. There will be no room for fat persons on your watch. Once you have rid of the rubbish (Adam/Chris) the only way is up. Page will have to be executed of course. So it goes.

Sperm in!!!

You know you're playing **** when you let Calvin Andrews run the game. This is the same player that could barely stand on his own two legs for us not that long ago he was that useless.

We were shocking and got exactly what we deserved - Zilch. Rochdale are far from a good side on yesterday's evidence but absolutely deserved the 3 points once their manager made a change, a change thand Rob Page would never have made. Page still has absolutely no idea how to change games and generally leaves his substitutions far too late. The jury is still very much out on him for me.

The game changed when they made a tactical sub after 30 mins.

Calvin Andrew ran the show today. By far and away the best player. We just couldn't handle him.

We started brightly but then faded badly with no real quality.

Uche in next game please. And Purkiss, who offers a lot more quality into the box than Yates.

The tactical substitution was to stop him being sent off .He should have walked for his first challenge on OConnor

I don't think we sat back as a tactical decision as some are saying. I also think the starting eleven was what I'd have gone with. Some poor decisions by the ref let them back in it when they were on the ropes and they got some momentum going second half. I think they wore Grant down as the game went on and Michael wasn't really at the races. Our defence isn't good enough to cope without their ball winning, putting a foot on it and passing reliably.

Hill's interview wasn't far off for me. I think we could easily have got something out of it and over the course of a season the bad luck evens itself out.

The tactical substitution was to stop him being sent off .He should have walked for his first challenge on OConnor

Exactly. That wasn't a tactical master stroke - it was forced on him by the behaviour of that evil little bugger in the no 16 shirt who was incredibly lucky to still be on the pitch.

You know you're playing **** when you let Calvin Andrews run the game. This is the same player that could barely stand on his own two legs for us not that long ago he was that useless.

We were shocking and got exactly what we deserved - Zilch. Rochdale are far from a good side on yesterday's evidence but absolutely deserved the 3 points once their manager made a change, a change thand Rob Page would never have made. Page still has absolutely no idea how to change games and generally leaves his substitutions far too late. The jury is still very much out on him for me.

I seem to recall his substitutions winning us the game on Tuesday??

Very interesting points being raised tonight on the Rochdale Fans Forum.They thought the penalty decision was a bad one and their player dived!They also stated that Dicko was elbowed in the ribs prior to him getting sent off.Additionally they thought their player should have gone too!!!

Oh,they think Vale are awful too.:laugh:

Could that be used to help with an appeal against the red card?

Archived