onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 24th Nov 2015, Port Vale v Blackpool, pre-match comments, the match itself.

Fosse69

They're in dreadful for which means they're virtually guaranteed 3 points against us.

It'd be great to break with tradition and actually hammer a struggling team for a change!

You are right, there is nothing more dangerous than a Vale match where we are expected to win.

However, Barnsley had lost 6 in a row in the league and I thought it would happen there, they played much better than they had been doing, but we still pulled it off. Perhaps because Vale are so unpredictable, if we predict an upset as going against form but usual for Vale, then we will win instead - hmmm,,,,,,, I think a lie down in a dark room is called for.

Actually I fear a 0-0 or 1-1 draw with Blackpool defending like mad and just about keeping Vale out despite lots of pressure. Then again....:)

Advert

His lack of tactical nous, his substitutions show that he can't read the game properly,the retained list after bleating (that I can't help the poor results these aren't my players) then re signs most of them, remembering that it was basically only the failings of the teams around us that kept us up, he doesn't or at least his backroom team doesn't suss out the opposition to nullify their strengths and exploit their weaknesses, sets the team up not to lose when in fact some poor sides have beaten us, thats enough to be going on with and I still say that any progress on the pitch will be despite page not because of him.

Wonder if Burnley, Wigan and Sheffield United said that about us - its part of football that teams will lose games to those lower in the table from time to time. Refereeing decisions, silly rebounds, missed penalties, injuries, bad bounce of the ball - but I'm telling you something you already know.

The only fair way to judge Rob Page is on his overall record, and whether you think we are a better side than when he became manager. At the moment there is little doubt that we are, and could have a very decent season. If we lose in the cup at Exeter and only get 3 or 4 more points in the league before the end of the year, then maybe you are right, but so far so good - despite some setbacks that are always going to happen.

It's a shame about Blackpool there fans deserve better .

In the prem not long ago there fall is dramatic and sad ,wonder why they have so many empty seats at home games surely those who enjoyed the prem ride should stick with the team .

But that's football for u look at Stoke most of them fans weren't seen at Stoke but now there prem league there they r ( watched them for years ,yeah really lol could have sworn u hated them and supported anyone but them ) .

I wish blackpool well after tomorrow of course but hope they pull there socks up and get bloomfield road or whatever it's called rocking again .

In the prem not long ago there fall is dramatic and sad ,wonder why they have so many empty seats at home games surely those who enjoyed the prem ride should stick with the team .

But that's football for u look at Stoke most of them fans weren't seen at Stoke but now there prem league there they r ( watched them for years ,yeah really lol could have sworn u hated them and supported anyone but them ) .

I wish blackpool well after tomorrow of course but hope they pull there socks up and get bloomfield road or whatever it's called rocking again .

Sadly, Blackpool as a town has become a desperate place with very high unemployment, crime and criminal activity, massive drug problems, alcohol abuse too - and gone downhill year after year. A northern town truly neglected and left to rot by the London government far away who would not relate to it, or give a damn. Several proposals to regenerate were stamped on by the Tories.

There are huge numbers of people living there in poor accommodation, the benefits claiming rate is one of the highest in the UK and outside of about August to November (the 'season' - later than elsewhere because of the hallucinations) it is like a ghost town, with few people to enjoy the wet weather and gales.

Don't let me put anyone off going there though.:)

There are a hard core of anti Page fans who will always probably be against the guy. Despite all the doom and gloom pre season we've got the 4th best home record and are currently the 4th highest goal scorers at home, even though I and many fans felt we would struggle to score. The away record has improved more recently, so at present there does seem to be more to be positive about than negative. That said we'll probably have a shocker tonight and I'll be doom and despondency come 10pm.

As long as we don't have a shocker tomorrow night eh JRC?;)

You are right, there is nothing more dangerous than a Vale match where we are expected to win.

However, Barnsley had lost 6 in a row in the league and I thought it would happen there, they played much better than they had been doing, but we still pulled it off. Perhaps because Vale are so unpredictable, if we predict an upset as going against form but usual for Vale, then we will win instead - hmmm,,,,,,, I think a lie down in a dark room is called for.

Actually I fear a 0-0 or 1-1 draw with Blackpool defending like mad and just about keeping Vale out despite lots of pressure. Then again....:)

There's no doubt that Vale are underdogs for this match. No one expects an easy ride against a team who have already beaten Vale. A 1-0 win will be satisfactory... three points is the priority.

I'm

It's not a shame. **** them.

Blackpool have lost six on the bounce, no goals in the last 5 games, their last win was at home to crwho....... Hope we beat the weather, a great chance of another 3 points if so!.......

This is what worries me? the team have shown great improvement with recent games.... but with vales history of halting other teams downward spirals.....

I really hope we can continue the run of results!!!!

Blackpool's story basically boils down to a chairman who no longer wants to spend any money on the club. Plenty of chairmen who do that. Blackpool have never been a big club in my 30 year life time, in fact, aside from that mid 2000s cash injection they mostly finished behind Vale for many years.

10 years ago, Blackpool had a crap golf stand as an away end and a stand named after a series of budget cheapo shops.

The prem journey was great for them, but they are not fallen Giants in the Leeds mould.

Archived