onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Southend 1-0 Vale. Post Match Thread

TeenValiant

We will end up mid table this year, which is fine, but we will feel that we should have done better. Ive given up trying to figure out page, I just dont get him. He has brought in some great players like Grant, but I will always have my doubts about him this year because of the ridiculous retained list and him seemingly forgetting to bring in a striker. When Uches loan ends, we will be left with Colin Daniel as our first choice striker. When a player who isnt good enough to play in our side in his main position, is first choice for such an important role, then big mistakes have been made pre season. Yet he doesn't seem to think its an issue. it looks highly likely that Smurf brought in Hooper (though to be fair he also brought in Andoh who page refused to play originally), though at least he can see we need something more up front.

Still a massive improvement on the rot that adams served up though. If we do end up mid table then fair enough, bu he has to get the retained list next summer right.

Advert

I'm sure I read last week that Ryan Lowe is available. Getting on a bit but someone like him to play with uche and who knows where the net is. This is the kind of striker we should've signed. He's a poacher who scores.

Not going to keep mentioning it but we really did **** up in summer keeping 2/3 players and not bringing the forward in.

How many times will Page come out with the **** about rueing missed chances?

It's his fault.

His number 2, Bodin says Smith is our best finisher so we don't play him.

We sign a striker in Hooper and ignore him

We always take off our leading scorer

We now play with a left winger /back in Daniel up front as our main striker and have two left wingers on the bench.

Now who's fault is that ?

Better football but could be loads better in terms of results .

I just wish we would pick I side capable of winning these games and play with the same intensity as we do at home. We've lost quite a few away games now in which if we had just played a little more offensively we could have easily won, with Bradford, bury and Southend all being poor. Surely birchall can't start again any time soon?

I don't get how Uche always gets taken off, even when we are a goal down, a football game lasts for 90 mins, if a professional footballer can't last 90 mins there is something wrong. It's like being a 1500 metre runner that can't run further than 800 metres.

I thought Andoh was our motm today, if only he scored once in a while we would have a player on our hands.

Also Roots Hall is the worst ground in this league.

I love that ground! Old-fashioned stuff, with housing and pubs nearby and an old-skool support. We could do with something that size.

I love that ground! Old-fashioned stuff, with housing and pubs nearby and an old-skool support. We could do with something that size.

Well it's certainly old fashioned, and I'll never complain about the Bycars bogs again, theirs had fungi growing in the urinals.

I'm sure I read last week that Ryan Lowe is available. Getting on a bit but someone like him to play with uche and who knows where the net is. This is the kind of striker we should've signed. He's a poacher who scores.

Not going to keep mentioning it but we really did **** up in summer keeping 2/3 players and not bringing the forward in.

We wouldn't have had a defender on the bench today if we had. In fact, I'm not sure how many we would have had on the bench if the 3 players that everyone moans about hadn't re-signed.

I've said it before, all 3 are useful squad players. We are a league one side yet people on here think we should be stomping all over the opposition like Barcelona. I bet there isn't a supporter in the whole division who doesn't think their manager needs to get one or two extra players in.

We wouldn't have had a defender on the bench today if we had. In fact, I'm not sure how many we would have had on the bench if the 3 players that everyone moans about hadn't re-signed.

I've said it before, all 3 are useful squad players. We are a league one side yet people on here think we should be stomping all over the opposition like Barcelona. I bet there isn't a supporter in the whole division who doesn't think their manager needs to get one or two extra players in.

No. People just want to see us trying to win matches. Yes were a mid table side but there is no problem with wanting more, especially in such a weak league 1. I do wonder where we would be if we had tried to win certain games from the off. If we finish mid table, then that's a decent enough season given the end to last year, but it will certainly feel like a missed opportunity.

Mr.Hobbleoff does seem like one angry dude?

Had to :laugh: at Hobbleoff. Indeed he does. Seems to get easily agitated that one.

To bring a positive spin to yesterday's action, I thought Vale looked sharp in the white shorts and top with black socks. Combo works well. Lack of goals recently is proving worrisome, though!

Spot on. He's only perceived to be clinging on to his job because morons like Steve can't wait to jump on the bandwagon after one defeat.

you seem to be satisfied with sub standard football,i and others are not and this sycophantic appraisal of good old pagey who is totally out of his depth has worn thin and we think the vale fans deserve better.his substitution of a defender for a striker when we are 1 down says the importance of having a better goal difference when the relegation battle looms, if he's that cautious then he wants moving on as there is no future to look forward to.

you seem to be satisfied with sub standard football,i and others are not and this sycophantic appraisal of good old pagey who is totally out of his depth has worn thin and we think the vale fans deserve better.his substitution of a defender for a striker when we are 1 down says the importance of having a better goal difference when the relegation battle looms, if he's that cautious then he wants moving on as there is no future to look forward to.

I hear Paul Bodin is a good manager, what do you think about him?

Having just read the sentinel report the stats suggest vale deserved a point out of this game. Who do you want to replace page, he's a young manager learning his trade, so far so good for me, we are port vale mid table in the 3rd tier which is about right with our crowds, we all want to be higher but for now the bloke is doing ok . Steady progress . Are we ready for the championship, I would love us to get there but look at where the clubs are who went up last season . Keep up the good work pagey

Archived