onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jak Alnwick

mr.hobblesworth

Good job you are not scouting for us Jean think we will stick with Glover.:laugh:

To be fair, his performances at Newcastle left much to be desired. When he signed I mentioned the game agains Spuds last year - he is the featured player in the Peterborough programme and when asked what was his worst ever game he picked that one!!

Advert

To be fair, his performances at Newcastle left much to be desired. When he signed I mentioned the game agains Spuds last year - he is the featured player in the Peterborough programme and when asked what was his worst ever game he picked that one!!

Yes but to be fair that was in the premiership....

His save in this video is not entirely dissimilar to his save against Sheff Utd. The lads clearly got talent, and it seems like a good attitude to go with it.

Top news.

He had a decent game against West Brom in the cup. Top class saves on show. Really pleased for him to stay at Vale. Talented goalkeeper with a bright future ahead of him.

I feel he has more natural talent than Chris Neal who is also a very good goalkeeper. It seems to me that Chris Neal may need to move on because goalkeepers don't generally get rotated or come on as subs. So at his age he should play regularly and deserves to do so. He is an excellent servant of the club, but I guess the club has to sign good players when it can afford to and they are available.

I feel he has more natural talent than Chris Neal who is also a very good goalkeeper. It seems to me that Chris Neal may need to move on because goalkeepers don't generally get rotated or come on as subs. So at his age he should play regularly and deserves to do so. He is an excellent servant of the club, but I guess the club has to sign good players when it can afford to and they are available.

Sadly we can't keep everybody mate. I think Neal and Alnwick will battle it out for the first team place when neal is fit and ready to play again. I think it opens the door for Sam Johnson to leave to be fair but that is my opinion. I think Ryan boot will go out on loan as well :).

Yes but to be fair that was in the premiership....

It might have been a Premiership match but Jak actually looked like he'd been brought in at the last minute from a pub team in that game! His performance against Premier League WBA this season was light years better than that Spuds game.

Nice to see a bit of loyalty in football:

“I spoke to my agent and there were a few clubs sniffing around but I feel like I owe it to Port Vale and I’m desperate to stay here.

“They’ve been good to me so it’s time for me to show the faith in them...”

It would be nice, now, to have some humble-pie eating, from the likes of:

...Originally Posted by old sage "Dunna waste you breath Bez. January will see another 'jewel' whisked off for nowt because our owner just doesn't understand the fundamentals of how the thing works. A real pity because Jak and Enoch could bankroll the club for 2 seasons at least."

And for crying out loud, Shropshire_Valiant stop banging on about the retained list - if Chris Neal hadn't got injured it's quite probable that Alnwick wouldn't even have been brought to Vale Park!

Nice to see a bit of loyalty in football:

“I spoke to my agent and there were a few clubs sniffing around but I feel like I owe it to Port Vale and I’m desperate to stay here.

“They’ve been good to me so it’s time for me to show the faith in them...”

It would be nice, now, to have some humble-pie eating, from the likes of:

...Originally Posted by old sage "Dunna waste you breath Bez. January will see another 'jewel' whisked off for nowt because our owner just doesn't understand the fundamentals of how the thing works. A real pity because Jak and Enoch could bankroll the club for 2 seasons at least."

And for crying out loud, Shropshire_Valiant stop banging on about the retained list - if Chris Neal hadn't got injured it's quite probable that Alnwick wouldn't even have been brought to Vale Park!

SV is right though , in a way. If Heal wasn't injured, we wouldn't have gone in for Jak, that's obvious. It's just nice karma hasn't bitten us on the **** for once and a situation that could have been dire has turned out nicely.

I think everyone needs to realise though that Chris Neal isn't going to wilt and let the young pup take over, he's going to want his place back and he'll up his game to do it. That is a very exciting prospect; two good players pushing each other to improve. Ace

OS- well what can you say? You'd need a ****ing big fish to match the size of the chip on his shoulder

Yukon I'm delighted to be proven to have got this one wrong. I consider that this is the best piece of business that Smurf has done for a long while. There is very little doubt that if Jak continues to progress the way he has up until now that he is going to be really hot property in the future.

The lad himself deserves a huge pat on the back for showing the club loyalty in an age when it is sadly lacking in football.

With regard to the 'chip' on my shoulder perhaps it has been caused by many examples of poor control of the club over the 55 years that I have followed the club through thick and mainly thin!

Yukon I'm delighted to be proven to have got this one wrong. I consider that this is the best piece of business that Smurf has done for a long while. There is very little doubt that if Jak continues to progress the way he has up until now that he is going to be really hot property in the future.

The lad himself deserves a huge pat on the back for showing the club loyalty in an age when it is sadly lacking in football.

With regard to the 'chip' on my shoulder perhaps it has been caused by many examples of poor control of the club over the 55 years that I have followed the club through thick and mainly thin!

But you need to stop being so cynical- those owners are gone. Smurf doesn't deserve your constant jibing

Archived