onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 19th Sept 2015, Bury v Port Vale, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

He can please himself.Not our player.

I kind of agree. I think it's classy not to celebrate but it's an individual decision and not something that should be expected/taken for granted. I would imagine it's pretty difficult to keep calm when you score an important goal anyhow so it's not always possible.

I do hope he gets a decent reception and any banter aimed towards him is good natured.

As long as he doesn't do an Adebayor :unsure:

I kind of agree. I think it's classy not to celebrate but it's an individual decision and not something that should be expected/taken for granted. I would imagine it's pretty difficult to keep calm when you score an important goal anyhow so it's not always possible.

I do hope he gets a decent reception and any banter aimed towards him is good natured.

As long as he doesn't do an Adebayor :unsure:

I think the banter should be " You should have stayed at the Vale" when our 4th goal goes in and Tom gets subbed.;)

Interesting what the reception will be since Marshall's every touch was booed at Bradford and Pope has essentially done the same thing. But TBF if it wasn't for Pope's 31 goals three seasons ago, we wouldn't even be in this division so he'll get a good reception from me.

Interesting what the reception will be since Marshall's every touch was booed at Bradford and Pope has essentially done the same thing. But TBF if it wasn't for Pope's 31 goals three seasons ago, we wouldn't even be in this division so he'll get a good reception from me.

It's always a funny thing with football. When someone leaves your work, you don't yell abuse at them next time you see them in the street. You tend to ask if the job move went well and thank them for their efforts. You may have a bit of "banter" with them but that's all.

Tom Pope clearly loves Port Vale and that (and the fact he tried pretty hard in a Vale shirt for some years) deserves a bit of respect. Yes, a bit of light-hearted banter such as "You should have stayed at the Vale" but I hope people don't give him (or any former player who worked hard at the Vale) terrible abuse simply for moving on.

The ones who do deserve some stick, in my opinion, are people like Alex Nimely (who totally took the ****) not Tom Pope, Mark Marshall or Ben Williamson who at least tried to the best of their abilities when in a Vale shirt.

Was Marshall offered a 60% pay cut? If not, I don't see how you can possible say his on Pope situation were the same.

Before and after the game Pope will get was he deserves from me, a hero's reception. During the game he's just another opposition player.

I don't have any negative feelings towards Pope or any other ex-Vale players to be honest, but when it hits 3pm I will be giving him as much stick as possible and I hope the rest of the crowd do as well, doing everything we can to put him off. I don't really care how players do once they go to other clubs, but if they're playing against us, I will treat them the same as any other player against us on the pitch.

If he misses a shot and you get on his back, it's going to put him off a bit hopefully, and if we can help our team win by being as loud and off-putting as possible to the opposition, why not?

I respect him all the same and he can be top scorer for Bury and do really well, I don't particularly care, but yeah, not against us thanks.

Archived