onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

WBA 0 Port Vale 0, lost on Pens 5-3, post match comments

Fosse69

I'd forgotten it was pens and went to bed!

Still 0-0 against a team with internationals and a Champ League winner. Still unbeaten. Another outstanding performance.

Thought the TV report this morning was crap. The studio chap said "Preston beat Watford was the only surprise score..."

So not Carlisle beating QPR then. Idiot.

Advert

I've read the Guardian report of the match this morning making out it was a boring game. The Premier League get away with murder these days. West Broms players, each one of them gets more in one weekly wage than Smurf paid for the whole of our team. They get multi millions of pounds each year from TV to run their clubs but can't score against our team after 120 minutes on their own ground.

I'm in my 63rd year supporting the Vale and witnessed some great performances against Spurs and Everton etc but I would suggest because of the money in the Premier League it's even harder to beat those teams.

I would put this performance as one of Vales best considering the current circumstances. Smurf, Page and Staff and players should be very proud, as should the away support who cheered them to the echo.

Let's hope this gives the team the confidence to get to the top of this league. Let's face it, if West Brom can't beat you on their own ground you can beat anyone in our league.

Up the Vale!

Fellow Valiant family, how proud we all are today!

Just a rushed mote now as I, along with thousands of others got home late , but happy, and am now off to work again, to say MAGNIFICENT!

Grant has to be one of the best purchases ever. Purkiss, too is proving that having played for a so called less fashionable Club, he certainly is finding true brilliant form for us. Jack in goal exudes confidence amongst the back 4 and although I love Chris Neal I would like to think Norman could get an extension on Alnwick's loan. A defence like ours is playing at present needs to be maintainedplease.

The whole squad were truly excellent. did us proud. I am walking on air today even though we are out of this Competiton. so, so proud to be a Valiant. Glory days of yesteryear are indeed slowly returning. Vale are now a Club that others are looking over their shoulder at and admiring.

Thanks for last night and the season so far Vale.Onwards and upwards.:wow:

Jack in goal exudes confidence amongst the back 4 and although I love Chris Neal I would like to think Norman could get an extension on Alnwick's loan. A defence like ours is playing at present needs to be maintained please.

Alnwick is not on loan. He signed a short term contract until January iirc. He seems to have settled in very well and I would hope Vale would look to offer a contract extension at least to the end of the season.

Knackered this morning.

I imagine there'll be a few Valiants asleep at their desks this morning.

What a night though eh? Reminded me of our trip to Leeds in the FA cup all those years ago. Just a shame we don't get a replay as I'd have really fancied us at VP.

To a man, the team were magnificent, but special mentions to Alnwick, Grant and, despite his penalty miss, Duffy, who throughout 120 minutes made their forwards look non-league.

Proud.

We wouldn't have got to penalties if it wasn't for Duffy's defensive work. I see Pope is giving him stick on Twitter for his miss, I really wish Pope would stop leave our club alone, he's left the club and made his bed so should lie in it! The team were like warriors last night, they all fought for the shirt and played like we would as fans! I was a bit gutted Ikpeazu was subbed when he was as he was starting to create problems for their defence but we were phenomenal!

That away support was outstanding, so loud and proud!!

We wouldn't have got to penalties if it wasn't for Duffy's defensive work. I see Pope is giving him stick on Twitter for his miss, I really wish Pope would stop leave our club alone, he's left the club and made his bed so should lie in it! The team were like warriors last night, they all fought for the shirt and played like we would as fans! I was a bit gutted Ikpeazu was subbed when he was as he was starting to create problems for their defence but we were phenomenal!

That away support was outstanding, so loud and proud!!

Pope & Duffy are good friends, its banter

Well what a fantastic night that was, despite having to sit in the home end as I couldn't get a ticket for the away end.

I thought the players were superb. This was my first Vale match this season, as I'm yet to make it up for a home game. What a difference the new signings have made.

Alnwick pulled off some awesome saves, the defence was solid, Grant in midfield was incredible, Andoh looked like he was causing them some problems, as did Foley, and Ikpeazu could have had a goal or two on another night.

Brilliant.

Definitely promising for the rest of the season now.

Got home at 02:20 due to the ****** M6.

About the match, I can't really add anything that hasn't been said. To a man, the lads were fantastic. Warriors all of them. Special mention for me goes to Alnwick, Grant, Dicko and Duffy who were immense. I now honestly think that, with a bit of luck, we can mount a very serious play off challenge this season. No way did o think that at the start of the campaign. They just look and play like winners.

And NO ONE should be giving Duffy and grief for his miss. He had huge balls just to step up and take one.

Neil is going to have a very hard job getting his place back. On that performance is out Alnwick ahead of him.

The only moan and don't like having a moan on a great night but the constant standing up of some of the fans throughout the second half and extra time. A number of older people and children and those with a disability struggling to see the game during this time. I can understand when were on the attack people stand up and during the shootout but not constantly.

The atmosphere was still great in the first half when these people were sitting down and singing so why need to constantly stand for the remainder of the game.

Just wish some football supporters would think of other supporters at times, it's not just our club, I know most teams are like this at away games.

That is exactly the reason why I sat in the East Stand on the side. I wanted to see the game, not someone's backside. Having said that, the 2,750 Vale fans were making far more noise than the 11,000 Baggies by some distance. Outstanding performance by the fans and the team. The whole defence was superb and Alnwick made a couple of worldies in the second half. Grant was as good as anything they had on the pitch and the rest of them ran their hearts out. The Baggies fans around me were hugely unimpressed with their team. Pulis' suggestion that they could have scored ten is absolutely laughable when you consider the number of times they aimlessly hoofed the ball forward into touch. Some round us reckoned they were going to miss all five penalties their finishing was so pathetic! If on Saturday we just hoof the ball towards the goal every time we get possession perhaps we can say - look at the number of efforts we had, we could have scored ten! Bog off Pulis!!

Brilliant performance tonight, no one could have given anymore than they did, one of the best performances in a long time considering the standard of opposition.

The only moan and don't like having a moan on a great night but the constant standing up of some of the fans throughout the second half and extra time. A number of older people and children and those with a disability struggling to see the game during this time. I can understand when were on the attack people stand up and during the shootout but not constantly.

The atmosphere was still great in the first half when these people were sitting down and singing so why need to constantly stand for the remainder of the game.

Just wish some football supporters would think of other supporters at times, it's not just our club, I know most teams are like this at away games.

Anyway a truly magnificent effort and onto Bradford, hopefully it won't have taken too much out of us.

are you jordans dad ?

Archived