onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon 2 Port Vale 2, Post Match Comments

Fosse69

Their manager confirmed it was for handball when one of their players thought the red was going to stop play because they had a player down. First rule of football - play to the whistle, he didn't, tough. The irony was that after they had gone ahead they made very little effort to score again contenting themselves with playing keep ball and trying to run the clock down. In circumstances like that you just love it a goal goes in in added time and they can do nowt about it!

Their manager was taking utter ******** on the radio afterwards saying they had completely dominated the game yet the stats show we had more shots and more corners than them. Certainly for all their possession, Alnwick had little to do other than pick the ball out of the net twice. He could do little about the first me but the second n went through his legs after the ball had broken kindly for them in the box.

Their fans were not happy at the end and one of them called the local radio afterwards and said Swindon were like a chess piece that could only move sideways and backwards!

A very enjoyable evening!!

If that is the case it makes all the more sweeter. As I've said on a previous post, their tactics at VP last season were disgusting. We absolutely battered them at the start of the 2nd half until all of a sudden, three of their players went down one after another and must have taken a good 10 mins out of the game which, surprise surprise, wasn't added on at the end. It was cheating on a scale I've not seen before and it's frankly ruining the game.

Advert

2 away goals and a point at Swindle, when "we don't know where the goals are going to come from"; a goal in the 96th minute; a late winner against a team that - last season - were 2 leagues above us, and an unbeaten (tricky) start to the season - including dominating Crwho at their ****hole...I'll take that, thank you, and loving the resilience of this team. Page's own squad and backroom boys suggests we are going in the right direction!

I love a late equaliser but I'm a bit unsure how an opponent conceding a penalty equates to resilience.

If we'd not been awarded a pen, would you still say we were resilient?

Coming back to draw on Saturday and equalising in injury time after twice going behind at highly fancied Swindon is evidence of resilience and determination isn't it?

That's a great point tonight and we still have O'Connor and Andoh to come back into the equation.

I've lost count of the number of times we've conceded late, late goals in the last few seasons. (Scunthorpe and Rochdale last year immediately spring to mind) so to score one ourselves was a real joy.

Just seen the penalty on Sky. Their player is sat about ten yards from the corner flag and about three yards in from the goal line. Corners played in and their centre half doesn't even jump for the ball just punches it towards his own goal. The ref on the edge of the box and the linesman's in his normal position for a corner. Neither of them give any indication that play has stopped for the injured player. A bizarre incident but who cares? Great point.

Just seen the pen decision on SSN and was 100% correct. One of their players was down wasting time 1 yard from the dead ball line so the Ref signals to take the corner kick which Foley does only for their centre half to punch away with his fist - what an absolute plonker. If Swindon"s Manager wants to moan then he should start with his own numbskull of a player. UTV.

Just got back and still smling!

Full value for me for the point despite what Swindon might think. They play some lovely football at times but our work rate was exceptional particularly from the defence and the midfield two, Grant was the best player on the pitch by two country miles!!

Uche caused them no end of problems and I'm sure he was the victim of a push in the first half but then he started throwing himself over and into players everywhere and lost the officials.

Dodds supported the midfield really well in the first half and made a good tackle for our first but faded badly in the second half and it was noticeable the two widened were way too brittle tonight, maybe we need to look at changing personnel away to the better teams.

My mate text to say it was a stonewall penalty according to Radio Stoke which indeed it was for a superman handball, not for what they laughingly called as a push on AJLS who was totally unmarked, reality needed not fantasy silly Radio Stoke!!

All in all a good night and another to show we will not be taken lightly this season. Up the Vale!!

Vale are anti football, dirty, niggling cheating ****ers and Ikpeazu is an absolute head case. Frustrating half

Taken from the swindon forum? Anti football?

Our work rate was superb I think they mean. Dickinson and Uche were correctly cautioned and Uche's antics after he was shoved in the first half were funny but we weren't over the top.

This doesn't sound like what happend.. From what I can gather Vale had a corner which was taken but swindon had a player down injured. When the ball game in a Swindon player picked the ball up as he thought play had stopped so the player down could recieve treatment and the ref blew for handball.

This is putting two and two together so if someone can clarify?

No the corner was played in, Duffy jumped for it, their player who was marking him jumped too and superman hand balled it. He didn't pick it up.

The Swindon player who was 'injured' just sat down in front of the corner, it was bizarre. Silly footballers.

For what it's worth (and it is the BBC) their match report says that Brandon Ormande-Ottewill gave away the cornC in all its didferent guises have failed completely tonight.er, then fouled Innis in the box to concede the penalty. Best thing though is that we put it away :)

Wow the BBC in all its guises have failed Vale supporters tonight.

If they didn't see it why make things up, Blakeman and the others involved at RS and the text commentary need to have a long hard look at themselves sometimes. Still they will be the first people to 'think' for officials and criticise them and indeed fans at every opportunity.

Great result especially scoring in the 5 minute of injury time and would of defiantly took a point before the game. That been said I can't help but feel a little disappointed in conceding 2 sloppy goals tonight Against a team in previous years who have played us off the park I thought they were actually very average tonight and apart from the goals created very little. I feel kelly is quite clearly not yet league 1 standard yet so hopefully andoh is back for Saturday. Overall I think we are looking a much better outfit than last season but v Doncaster I would like to see us attack from the start maybe with aj or hooper in the starting 11 to make us more of a threat up front and start playing from the off instead of coming into the game when 1-0 down. Let's turn these draws into 3 points up the vale!

Archived