onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe A 0 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

I have to agree with many on here wondering where goals are going to come from. I thought we played very well today mind. Ikpeazu looks like a powerhouse and a good find although his ball control is lacking little. When he went off we looked toothless up top. I am a Dodds fan and thought he did well first half along with the rest of the team however as the game got scrappy he fell out of it and should have been taken off instead of Uche.

A Dodds-Leitch Smith partnership will not work in this league I fear. If Ikpeazu gets injured or suspended we are going to be in a little bit of trouble up top. I see leitch-Smith as more of a number 10 like Dodds, so for me it's one or the other.

Midfield looks as good as it has been in a very long time, and defensively we look more composed. I like the look of Purkiss however I wonder whether he will be found out for pace against trickier wingers in this league? We could do with a couple of wing backs who are nippy and more attacking for certain games (both left and right). That being said in a solid, flat back four the four that played today will do very well, especially away from home.

Although I realise any other transfer activity is not forthcoming I believe we are short of two strikers and a couple of wing backs (or just a right sided one if Deen-Conteh steps up). Then if we can loan out Campion, Lloyd, Johnson and all the other young players (bar Andoh) I think we'll be on the right track.

It's these players that can complete what looks like a very decent squad already that make the re-signing of Birchall, Yates, and possibly younger players that aren't getting a look in like Johnson and Lloyd all the more confusing.

Advert

Got give Andoh and Ikpeazu a run of games as a front two........midfield Moore/Grant/O'Connor/Foley and Purkiss/Inniss/Streete/Dicko back four......

the back four and midfield picks itself and Neal is a great keeper at this level but the big question mark is upfront and the Ikpeazu/Andoh partnership

could just be the answer but Smurf needs to sign a striker a.s.a.p.

Got give Andoh and Ikpeazu a run of games as a front two........midfield Moore/Grant/O'Connor/Foley and Purkiss/Inniss/Streete/Dicko back four......

the back four and midfield picks itself and Neal is a great keeper at this level but the big question mark is upfront and the Ikpeazu/Andoh partnership

could just be the answer but Smurf needs to sign a striker a.s.a.p.

On the strength of today's showing, that would look a VERY tasty team

Like most, couldn't go but heartened by what I've heard. Even the opposition said we hammered them. The only drawbacks from today are a) the realisation that Dodds is going to be this season's scapegoat and b) Sproson's constant barrage of negativity on Radio Stoke.

I was amazed sproson said purkiss is no better than Yates in the build up. He's an awful pundit.

I too loved the way Vale played today.

I thought Byron Moore was superb.

I thought Purkiss was superb.

I thought Streete was superb.

I thought Grant was superb.

I thought Foley was superb.

I think we can go far in this league with a good striker... I have lots of faith in Smurf that he will sign a striker.

I also think Dodds should not be a player that starts. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a Uche and AJ partnership!!

I was amazed sproson said purkiss is no better than Yates in the build up. He's an awful pundit.

Sproson was shocking and completely ruined the match commentary. spent most of the match criticising vale, especially Uche (wonder if he has a striker his trying to palm off to us), but was always complimentary to crewe.

Sproson was shocking and completely ruined the match commentary. spent most of the match criticising vale, especially Uche (wonder if he has a striker his trying to palm off to us), but was always complimentary to crewe.

He seems to be bitter towards Vale for some reason.His constant knocking of players annoys me.Remie Streete is different class and Uche caused problems all afternoon.Maybe he should **** off and comment on Crewe games.

I thought we looked in total control of the game,bar from a scrappy corner and a scare late on only time we flapped abit. Uche needs a partner think we can see that,think he looked wrecked just before he came off(reason he was subbed I'd say over Dodds),forward line does need sorting out,but time yet.

Overall was not impressed how we dominated the game,and how we hunted the ball back if we lost it.

Shame Dodds has to side foot every shot.

I too loved the way Vale played today.

I thought Byron Moore was superb.

I thought Purkiss was superb.

I thought Streete was superb.

I thought Grant was superb.

I thought Foley was superb.

I think we can go far in this league with a good striker... I have lots of faith in Smurf that he will sign a striker.

I also think Dodds should not be a player that starts. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a Uche and AJ partnership!!

I have not seen anything of AJ to make me think he is any better than Dodds. In fact when he came on he was a little anonymous.

The thing with the number 10 role is that it can be the key or it can be the curse. Dodds played very well in the first half along with the rest of the team however he was quiet in the second half as the game got more scrappy and the flow was disrupted. It is at this point in games where your number 10 becomes ineffective and should be bought off. I thought he should have gone off instead of Ikpeazu.

its not good and im not happy,its so frustrating to watch. we absolutely and clearly need a striker and should have signed one \two,total suicide,that was 2 points dropped and i can see many more like that this season. predict that we'll finish 20th on that showing and crewe below us

Can't believe the dispondency on here already. Defence was sound, midfield played some good football and we had at least three clear chances that should have been taken. If they had gone in there are some that would be preaching promotion already. I agree that we have got to find those goals from somewhere but I am depressed that we didn't finish the game off. Last year I was depressed because we we were crap.

Kelly never really got into the game and for all his endeavours I don't see Uche getting double figures. Did like Andoh playing wide and cutting in with a real turn of pace. All in all a good start but still some work to do.

Archived