onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe A 0 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Remember that this side today was missing Neal, Innis and O'Connor, three of our better players. Perkiss sounds like a good signing, Streete could play for any side in this league and a few in the one above and Ikpeazu should only improve with experience, the same for Andoh and Kelly. We all know we're probably a striker short but there's plenty to improve upon and plenty to be very positive about. Looking forward to the home game against Gillingham who had a good win today.

I also that that Page closed shop instead of going for it. He brought Brown on alongside Grant, so effectively two ball winners in front of the back four so the link between defence and the forward line was cut off. In my opinion he should have replaced Foley with Daniel. I am sure we could then have actually won the game with Andoh on his own frightening the life out of Crewe's back line.

A former defender with a defensive mindset. That said, if we're going to do well this season then we need to be a defensive, counter-attacking side as I think we're now much stronger at the back than going forward.

Not lost and kept a clean sheet. Points like this instead of nothing will make quite a difference at the end of the season. Although Crewe are a relegation threatened club the derby makes it a more difficult fixture for us.

Deluded comments this was two pionts dropped especially given that both sides are relegation fodder.Vale battered them 00 is the reality there goaly was star man on the pitch wheras we had dodds running round like a headless chicken and the phrase couldn't score in a brothel summed it up

Birchall

Yates

Lloyd

Johnson

out

Poaching fwd in

Dodds is NOT a striker and relying on him to score goals is suicide.

It shouldn't be Dodds getting stick on RS, it should be Page for his mental illness inspired retained list.

how true.

I'm not happy with today's performance looks like we're gonna struggle for goals which is no supprise really, it's a flip side of last season but at least it justifies my decision not waste money on a season ticket this year but not the end of the world today we'll see.

There is always one person who has to moan about everything about the game.

Vale were much the better team and if we had a dead eye-duck-striker would have scored two or three goals.

Defence now looking sound. Prospects encouraging.

Crewe look to have another relegation battle on their hands. Crewe supporters near to me were moaning and groaning that their team is too slow, no attacking plans, making too many errors, never looked like scoring - useless attacking etc.

Great team performance by us. I thought we deserved all three points but I will take a point. It is better than nothing anyway. Alnwick had a good debut for us. His first cleansheet for us. Good defensive performance. Streete looked solid at the back. Shame we didn't see Inniss on the pitch today. Maybe on Tuesday we might see him play. I hope page tries the Streete and Inniss partnership soon. Foley's corners need improving though. Grant looked average. He played a few some poor passes at times in the game. Uche looks good going forward and over taking the defenders. It is nice to see a striker in the team who can wind up other fans as well. I think it would be better if we bring the 4-4-2 formation with Uche and Leitch Smith up front back though.

From what i saw today Vale created lots of chances, on another day we could have won by three or four. The very players who did not score created these chances. Best way of judging will be time. On the fence over the goals issue. On the whole thought we were good today throughout the side just lacked the quality to finish.

Created plenty of chances but they fell to the wrong bloke,I'll take a point away from home though.We need to improve our delivery from set pieces especially corners and in that respect we missed Oaky.Not sure about Foley and Kelly yet and both seemed to run out of steam after a hour.Well played Moore and Grant and Andoh made a real impact from the bench.

Finally,well played Ben Garratt.

Deluded comments this was two pionts dropped especially given that both sides are relegation fodder.Vale battered them 00 is the reality there goaly was star man on the pitch wheras we had dodds running round like a headless chicken and the phrase couldn't score in a brothel summed it up

Were u there ?

Did you go? It's just your comments look like a hash of stuff on here and P&G.

For me:

Purkiss was superb

Dicko was tremendous- my Crewe supporting mate said he'd be gob smacked if he saw a better LB performance this season.

Grant is my new hero. I can't remember the last time we had a defensive midfielder with his passing range

Moore is like a new signing

We need a goal scorer but Crewe defended very well. Ray might be an obnoxious muppet but he was very composed.

Streete is a class above- solid, calm and hard in the tackle.

All in all, I'm very impressed with Page's transfer business but I think we need Ajose or similar. The least he needs to do is not play Dodds as a ten because he's playing too far forward for his skill set

Overall, I'm feeling very positive with the way things went and with the team for the season

Archived