onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our Grounds too big for us!

j_grainger10

Advert

3500 season ticket holders are our bread and butter. If we have winning football out crowds will rise as was proven in league 2. If we have mundane losing football like last season our attendances will be around the 4500 mark.

If we are averaging around 3500 st holders at an average of around 330 quid a pop the revenue would be 1.15 million.

If we sell season tickets at an average of around 200 quid a pop we would have to sell 5775 to reach 1.15 million revenue.

In the long run i think this is the answer. Bring your season ticket prices down dramatically. Sell more as was proven under the target 5000 campaign afew years ago. Get bums on seats and then get your matchday experience right to keep the people.

Unfortunately at over 300 quid for a season ticket and over 20 quid for a match ticket on the day, in league 1, with a premier league club on the doorstep not charging that much more, its going to be difficult to attract casual fans unless you are bang in themix in a promotion battle, and i dont mean hovering outside of the playoffs.

I have said this for 5 years and im not saying we should lack ambition i just think we need to cut costs and this ground is a huge cost and one given our current fan base we can ill afford.

Dont see whats wrong in seliing the land and having a purpose built 10-12 k seater built closer to the main a500. Build along side it some major retsil outlets and a pub that are all paying rent to us. We would have money available to

Improve the team therefore going hopefully from 3k season tickets to 7-8 k still have 2 k availble for match day tickets a 1-2 k away following. Also put in the planning negotiations to expand the ground if and when required to allow for burgioning support.

I love Vale park but it is too big.

The ground isnt to big the crowds are to small and to far away from the pitch

That's about right apart from there isn't much we can do about the distance of the stands from the pitch. This 'Vale Park's too big' thing must have come up a million times in my life and it's just pointless as we can't afford to build a new ground if we wanted to. Also, if we were to get back into the Championship we'd need a ground with a decent capacity. For example, I bet Bournemouth wish they had a bigger ground right now. Vale Park's capacity is fine we just need to get more people through the gate!

What ticket prices were you thinking of? Would not the Hamil have to be the same price, unless there was a membership system?

Well the price could vary say u get your tickets before sat 12 quid Adult kids for a quid ,sat 15 Adult 2.50 kids as u will by then if r the chairman know if it is a good thing or not .

U will sell more drinks ,food ,programmes etc .

I know for a fact that more Vale fans turn up if more away support is coming so same prices for them .

Railway paddock where all the noisy excellent get behind the team continue pay the 22 quid admission.fee as do the lorne street and should they mind ,no they shouldnt !!,i for one wouldnt and i would still go in the railway stand !"

Makes me wonder why all those clubs have moved and undertaken to have cost effective grounds that are easier to run and manage and most of all enable them to maximise their profits :unsure:

Yes but how long would it take to recoup the money they invested to buy the ground in the 1st place maybe they were able to offset the purchase price buy selling the land that their ground is on but Hamil Road is hardly prime real estate.

Personally Vale park is great. I doubt anyone at the Preston game when we got over 8k seemed to big for us. We have plenty of pubs around the ground and overall it has bags of great character and a grand feel. These crummy 12k doss houses have no atmosphere of soul even when full

Because in many cases they are bought by Councils. Colchester community stadium for example. Clubs in wealthy land areas can sell them if based in city centres. Very few smaller sides privately funded new grounds without one of these options. Very rarely a benefactor will pay like Darlington, but that usually ends in tears

An attraction of port Vale is that I can come along on my own or with a friend at the last minute and get a seat and space. Spare capacity is important at lower league level. At Premier League level and some Championship clubs it is difficult - impossible to attend. Vale Park is as is. I guess cost reduction is an issue, but I am happy with the ground overall. The ground also has enough potential in spare capacity to go to the Championship level in today's economy. Gresty Road doesn't meet that criteria.

Archived