onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our Grounds too big for us!

j_grainger10

Maybe we should build a new ground of 3,300 and only let season ticket holders in.

It's only fair.

*Yawn*

3,100 would be adequate for a lot of the games over winter, when the big game charlies are sat at home watching Champions League rather than supporting the Vale.

Advert

Not all this again. No it isn't time to downsize. It's time we produced some decent football and start filling the stadium!!

Yes exactly.

The idea is to get more people in the stadium not give up and move to a smaller one. If we do that we lose the ability to take advantage of future growth.

I don’t really understand the negative comments to be honest.

Surely the topic is up for discussion?

I think until one of us wins the lottery, and is willing to spend tens of millions on either VP or one of these new, soulless stadiums, it's a discussion that is of course open, but will go nowhere.

I don’t really understand the negative comments to be honest.

Surely the topic is up for discussion?

I dont understand why anyone would be in favour of it.

Example: Crewe have a smaller ground and they will be losing revenue immedately on the very first day of the season because we could sell more tickets than they area able to give us. If they draw a big club in any of the cup competitions they will lose revenue again.

Why do you want us to go down the same path? What would the long term financial benefits be?

I dont understand why anyone would be in favour of it.

Example: Crewe have a smaller ground and they will be losing revenue immedately on the very first day of the season because we could sell more tickets than they area able to give us. If they draw a big club in any of the cup competitions they will lose revenue again.

Why do you want us to go down the same path? What would the long term financial benefits be?

Our away end holds 4 thousand people. We will only fill that occasionally in the championship. We are miles away from getting promoted.

Don't you just love the ambition of Vale fans.

Nothing to do with ambition in the slightest! I am sharing an article that is on the main football section of Sky Sports this morning and we figure in it so I thought I would share.

There are arguments to keep the stadium the way it is and an argument to downsize. I should have known that a reasonable discussion was too much to ask from some of you on here.

Our away end holds 4 thousand people. We will only fill that occasionally in the championship. We are miles away from getting promoted.

I dont get your point, you want to move to a smaller ground presumably the away end would hold less, so if we do get to the championship every time we could have filled the VP away end we would lose revenue. Every time we drew a premier league team in the cup we would lose revenue, if stoke get relegated and we get promoted we would lose revenue every time we played them at home.

Those are possible financial benefits of staying at VP. My question was what are the financial benefits, long term, of moving because if there are none then there is no reason to move.

I dont get your point, you want to move to a smaller ground presumably the away end would hold less, so if we do get to the championship every time we could have filled the VP away end we would lose revenue. Every time we drew a premier league team in the cup we would lose revenue, if stoke get relegated and we get promoted we would lose revenue every time we played them at home.

Those are possible financial benefits of staying at VP. My question was what are the financial benefits, long term, of moving because if there are none then there is no reason to move.

I don’t want to move, I’m trying to give a balanced argument. Seems that is impossible.

I give up with OVF. See the Ryan Inniss thread for an example of how downhill this site has gone.

Nothing to do with ambition in the slightest! I am sharing an article that is on the main football section of Sky Sports this morning and we figure in it so I thought I would share.

There are arguments to keep the stadium the way it is and an argument to downsize. I should have known that a reasonable discussion was too much to ask from some of you on here.

That report just shows that we arent selling enough tickets. Surely the answer is to address that rather than throw in the towel and move to a smaller stadium.

I don’t want to move, I’m trying to give a balanced argument. Seems that is impossible.

I give up with OVF. See the Ryan Inniss thread for an example of how downhill this site has gone.

Ive asked you twice what the benefits of moving are and you havent answered, I'm putting my case for staying but you arent putting a case for moving.

Come on mate I'm doing my best to have a balanced argument with you but so far I've had better arguments with myself :laugh:

Archived