onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Marshall

Emile

I understand why he's gone but it's a great shame as the team is weaker without Marshall in it.

I hope we can manage without him but like M-W is was very quick and threatening and always our big outlet and danger man on the pitch, who was often double-marked.

I don't know if we have anyone like him - or M-W - in our team now and that, for me, is a cause of regret.

I'm surprised no-one nearer to London wanted him. I'd have tried to sign him like a shot if I was managing say Gillingham or Millwall. He's a class act at our level.

Advert

Not sure he's a class act. Decent 1st half of the season then didn't do much 2nd half.

Be interesting to see if Bradford can get the best out of him with him being even further from home.

I'm glad we've took this stand with a player that obviously thinks he's better than what he is. We're not some ****ty little club that must do things at a drop of a hat when some 'big I am' player says so. He had his chance and wasn't interested, I'm glad we've told him to get himself ****ed.

Not sure he's a class act. Decent 1st half of the season then didn't do much 2nd half.

Be interesting to see if Bradford can get the best out of him with him being even further from home.

I'm glad we've took this stand with a player that obviously thinks he's better than what he is. We're not some ****ty little club that must do things at a drop of a hat when some 'big I am' player says so. He had his chance and wasn't interested, I'm glad we've told him to get himself ****ed.

No need to make comments like this because he has left.

He was excellent all season, got 7 goals (including that wonder goal in Page's first game that kick-started the run which kept us up) and is one of the hardest working players we've had in a long time.

Our squad is weakened without him. Good signing for Bradford.

Evening Chaps,

So what can we expect from Mark Marshall then. I'm not expecting him to be utterly marvellous, otherwise he'd be plying his trade higher up the footballing pyramid - but what I do expect him to be is a winger who has pace, is direct and likes to get to the byline - is that a fair assessment?

Also, does he play on the right or left?

Evening Chaps,

So what can we expect from Mark Marshall then. I'm not expecting him to be utterly marvellous, otherwise he'd be plying his trade higher up the footballing pyramid - but what I do expect him to be is a winger who has pace, is direct and likes to get to the byline - is that a fair assessment?

Also, does he play on the right or left?

Evening. My assessment. Marshall has a good work ethic and bags of pace. He can go missing in games and is inconsistent as are a lot of lower league wingers. He was very good until around January where he faded rapidly. He does have an eye for goal but did chose to shoot at some ridiculous angles at times when a pass would have been the better option. He probably puts in one good cross in three attempts. He can play on both wings

He's a good player at this level.

Two footed, lots of pace, likes to go at defenders. He'll excite the crowd and the fans will take to him because he gives 100% effort in every game even if he's a bit below par. His work-rate and commitment are phenomenal. He'll cover every blade of grass. I'm sorry he's gone.

His crossing is a bit erratic and he probably should score more then he does but he's useful because he plays on both wings and switches sides during games.

Like you say, he isn't Messi, but a league one player. Yet he is very capable and a real crowd pleaser.

You've got a good un there. Enjoy.

Plays on either wing Bantam, hope your pitch has improved though. Don't underestimate him, he can seriously turn it on when had wants. Worked hard for us and was a fans favourite.

Sounds an exciting prospect - in the mould our previous Jamaican wingers ala Omar Daley and Jermaine Johnson etc.

We do have a decent RW in Felipe Morais, so I wonder if he'll be used on the left instead?

Interestingly, Phil Parkinson has been chasing him all summer by all accounts.

Overall, it would seem it's a decent addition.

Also, you won't seem the Valley Parafe turf in that sorry state again. We go heavily criticised for it - even Parkinson had a go at the board of directors during the season. Extensive work has been carried out on it this summer, so hopefully it'll stay lovely and green all year round.

Evening. My assessment. Marshall has a good work ethic and bags of pace. He can go missing in games and is inconsistent as are a lot of lower league wingers. He was very good until around January where he faded rapidly. He does have an eye for goal but did chose to shoot at some ridiculous angles at times when a pass would have been the better option. He probably puts in one good cross in three attempts. He can play on both wings

Agree with that and would emphasize that if I was giving him an annual review his "targets" for the coming year would be :-

1 When crossing from the wing do NOT hit the ball 30+ yards - during the warm up, pace out the pitch and take note of how far it is from your preferered "crossing point" to the centre circle.

2 When Shooting at goal - remember the goals are only 8 FEET high not YARDs -

3 Realise that the other NINE outfield players may be better possitioned for a pass than a shot/centre from you that hits the roof

If he could command any two of those challenges he could play higher, but when he is happy he is boisterous and infectious to the team spirit. When he is OFF though you wonder where he is.

Also, you won't seem the Valley Parade turf in that sorry state again. We go heavily criticised for it - even Parkinson had a go at the board of directors during the season. Extensive work has been carried out on it this summer, so hopefully it'll stay lovely and green all year round.

Will that be Flat GREEN Grass - OR Flat GREEN Mud ? Must admit though VP did conjure up memories of the Old Baseball Ground in Derby in the 70s.

Sorry to see him go and wish him all the best but I do find it strange that he is willing to travel a further 83 miles,when he said that he was looking for somewhere nearer home and the commute from London to Burslem was too much for him?:sums::unsure:

Funny how a few quid more blurs the memory!

Archived