onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Marshall

Emile

No need to make comments like this because he has left.

He was excellent all season, got 7 goals (including that wonder goal in Page's first game that kick-started the run which kept us up) and is one of the hardest working players we've had in a long time.

Our squad is weakened without him. Good signing for Bradford.

I'm not making comments like that because he's left. He was good for us 1st half of the season, but I think he wasn't great in the second part. Most of the time it lookedike the ball was to big for him and he struggled to kick it where he wanted it to go.

Advert

Good luck to the lad except for playing against us. Honest pro who did a decent job for us.

I think our squad needed a shake up and "if you want to make an omelette you have to crack a few eggs". Him and Pope are losses but we may well have replaced with players that total up to an improvement.

Marshy was a busy player in the first half of most games . He was willing to track back and help his defence but he often faded in the second half of games as if he had run out of steam. He often went 'walk abouts' in games drifting inside where he was less effective. His biggest weaknesses were poor decision making and very erratic crossing ability especially on his favoured left side which isn't a recipe for success in a winger.

His major plus though was his work rate.

He looked nailed on for Player of the Season up until January, then faded quite badly. Always worked hard in every game and tracked back brilliantly.

I'm a bit gutted he's gone. I know he thought the grass the greener, but IMO, Smurf should have welcomed him back. Football is different to other businesses, if an asset is wanting to re-join, we should have accepted it.

The thought of Moore, Dodds and Marshall playing behind Uche next season would have been extremely exciting.

It's hard to believe he's worse off financially with Bradford than Vale, which begs the question why he would have preferred to stay at Vale.

He'll play in front of much bigger crowds and will have much more exposure, possibly leading to a transfer to a bigger club than Bradford.

Possibly they are only offering £200-300 per week more than us, and for the extra hassle of travelling time that's not much of an incentive.

I'll clap him when he comes back.

Best of luck to Marshall(apart from Vale v Bradford games next season!:D). He would most certainly have been in my top 3 for player of the year last season and had some excellent games in what was a mediocre to poor season generally for the team. His goal against Barnsley will live with me for a while yet and you could never fault his workrate.

It would have been nice had he treated us with a bit more respect and said he was going earlier in the piece but hey ho.

Time for young Enoch to step up to the plate!:)

Archived