onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket sales

Johno

Advert

Why not ??

Because people usually want to get away from industrial sites after they have done their time in the workforce and spend their retirement time enjoying different things, the things there was never enough time/money to enjoy whilst working.

Stoke isnt really a scenic paradise by any ones standard, its not home to dreams of peaceful happy years at the twilight of life...

Put bluntly its a bit of a s**t hole and if you have managed to get out why the hell would you want to come back?

Just my opinion of course

Because people usually want to get away from industrial sites after they have done their time in the workforce and spend their retirement time enjoying different things, the things there was never enough time/money to enjoy whilst working.

Stoke isnt really a scenic paradise by any ones standard, its not home to dreams of peaceful happy years at the twilight of life...

Put bluntly its a bit of a s**t hole and if you have managed to get out why the hell would you want to come back?

And a good opinion it is, in my opinion anyway! :eek:

...well said, sir.

We are all entitled to that of course but for me i love Stoke-On-Trent and i am very proud to be born here,if we are being honest i more than likely wont be lucky enough to enjoy retirement as i dont think i will be able to afford to retire.

Again being honest if i won the lottery,yes i would buy a couple of holiday homes but i wouldn't move out of stoke on trent,with that amount of money then yes i would enjoy retirement and doing the things i want to do but from here,as you say that's my opinion and i doubt many will agree but hey ho

...I was thinking along exactly the same lines! Leek would 'soften the blow,' but the best solution to me would be to stay in Cheltenham!

However, I do believe that Stoke on Trent is considering applying to be the UK's next City of Culture... which just goes to show how well comedy is thriving in this area!!!

When I was carpet fitting I went all over the country Cornwall to Scotland there's a lot worse places than Stoke to retire to

We are all entitled to that of course but for me i love Stoke-On-Trent and i am very proud to be born here,if we are being honest i more than likely wont be lucky enough to enjoy retirement as i dont think i will be able to afford to retire.

Again being honest if i won the lottery,yes i would buy a couple of holiday homes but i wouldn't move out of stoke on trent,with that amount of money then yes i would enjoy retirement and doing the things i want to do but from here,as you say that's my opinion and i doubt many will agree but hey ho

Agree 100% with this. I love living less than a mile from VP and my friends and family, that means so much more than enjoying some scenic paradise, I've been there done it enjoyed it

and it's good for a short period but as they say there's no place like home and I wouldn't live anywhere else even though I could if I wanted.

On holiday at the moment in the beautiful, scenic rolling hills of Mid- Wales with six oatcakes... Be back soon though..:cool:

Agree 100% with this. I love living less than a mile from VP and my friends and family, that means so much more than enjoying some scenic paradise, I've been there done it enjoyed it

and it's good for a short period but as they say there's no place like home and I wouldn't live anywhere else even though I could if I wanted.

On holiday at the moment in the beautiful, scenic rolling hills of Mid- Wales with six oatcakes... Be back soon though..:cool:

Is it the city or the people you like?... if your friends and family werent there would you move there?

Im not knocking the people who live there.... the city has more derelict sites than berlin 1945.

Its not just the scenery people look for its the easier life, the warmth, the pace of life and so much more... being on holiday in a place isnt like living there.

Is it the city or the people you like?... if your friends and family werent there would you move there?

Im not knocking the people who live there.... the city has more derelict sites than berlin 1945.

Its not just the scenery people look for its the easier life, the warmth, the pace of life and so much more... being on holiday in a place isnt like living there.

It's a bit of both. Would I move there if I hadn't been born there or had no affinity to my home City then probably not, just like many other Cities in the UK.

It does have it's rough run down areas which people tend to pick on but there are many more areas that are desirable and a twenty minute journey in any direction will bring you to nice scenic areas you can enjoy.

I personally love having the best of both worlds, living in a place I love and am comfortable with but going elsewhere when and if I want to.

Archived