onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

closing threads

Timothius

Rob, I see you have closed the thread on Norman and sanitised it somewhat by removing comments, including Norman telling me to play on the M6. Why do you feel the need to do that? Incidentally Norman's comment is still showing in a quote so I've screenshot it for posterity. It probably wasn't him anyway his computer will have been conveniently hacked

Advert

With regards your comments on the ground being owned by a separate company, this is a perfectly normal business strategy, even if it is one you do not like.

Ordinarily, the owners do this to protect the asset from creditors if things go wrong, and also as a way of extracting additional income from the trading company. Smurf has already commented that Paul Wildes doing this enabled him to renegotiate out of the Ticketmaster and Sondico deals as these companies could not go after the ground to recoup their debts. He is also not charging any rent for the use of the ground.

Smurf has further stated that he would sell both Companies together, however if an interested party could not pay sufficient to acquire the ground then a 25 year rental agreement kicks in. This benefits the purchaser as their day 1 cash requirement to buy the club is much lower, and the fact that the trading business does not own the ground would be reflected in a much lower price.

It could be, that in years to come, Smurf would sell the trading entity for a nominal £1 as he would then not have the liability of having to top up the cash flow every year, where his is the most expensive season ticket.

With regards to the asset, the ground, I believe that there is a covenant restricting its use to sporting activities, so if there is no footballing activity the ground is in effect worthless as it could not be used for alternate use. As debated on here in Rob F's thread about time for a new ground the cost of clearing the site and capping the manholes would be prohibitive for housing anyway

The comments about the M6 were disgusting though

The comment was not disgusting.................more unfortunate, Smurf should have been talking positive re the new season, instead it looks like after a glass of red or three finds it more constructive to have a go at Timothious for his incisive comments, none of which were abusive.

Wasn't really the comment I would have hoped to hear from the chairman* after a bit of a sobering week to be a Port Vale fan.

Perhaps a brief comment from the club thanking Tom for everything he's done and wishing him well in the future would have been appropriate. Or a couple of quotes saying that even though we're disappointed to lose him, we've identified new targets and we're confident we can bring in a good quality replacement.

Those sort of things would have been nice things to say.

*or whoever it is who keeps hacking him whenever he says something he later regrets

Rob, I see you have closed the thread on Norman and sanitised it somewhat by removing comments, including Norman telling me to play on the M6. Why do you feel the need to do that? Incidentally Norman's comment is still showing in a quote so I've screenshot it for posterity. It probably wasn't him anyway his computer will have been conveniently hacked

Nobody has hacked my account

I receive a lot personal abuse and lies and you are a contributor to that

The abuse l have received shocks a lot of my peers in The Football League and some question why l continue and the caliber of some of PV Fans

You were clearly happy with the previous regime to compare my running of the Club as that of a circus

You also make reference to running a business at a loss and its debts

If this Club was not running at a loss it would be because we had 3000 or more paying fans, no investment in Players by myself or cease trading

The only debt the Club has is to me,that was achieved by funding to get promoted and then staying in League 1

The debt to me is not serviced and does not impinge on the business in any way

Now l have seen how the previous regime have operated and the outcome was not a good one

So going forward what would you suggest because you clearly see the Club and its position as a failure

The abuse l have received shocks a lot of my peers in The Football League and some question why l continue and the caliber of some of PV Fans

You were clearly happy with the previous regime to compare my running of the Club as that of a circus

If this Club was not running at a loss it would be because we had 3000 or more paying fans, no investment in Players by myself or cease trading

The only debt the Club has is to me,that was achieved by funding to get promoted and then staying in League 1

Now l have seen how the previous regime have operated and the outcome was not a good one

So going forward what would you suggest because you clearly see the Club and its position as a failure

Smurf instead of getting dragged into stuff with some of the fans....is there going to be any news soon on any DECENT signings coming in of PROVEN quality??? I just think season ticket sales will need some sort of boost asap

Norman the majority of your post makes perfect sense in terms of your commitment and running of the club, if this is in a good and proper way then it should be welcomed and not derided.

As for personal abuse, inane criticism towards you is unfortunately what some of the paying public see as their right.

However you do choose to come onto this forum and debate the topics of the day.

I guess the moral of any football forum is that if you play in the playground from time to time it becomes your turn to be hit with the ball !

Tim

I really don't get your agenda be it on here or Facebook to constantly have a go at undermining all the work that Smurf is doing or trying to do, your constant barrage all the time bringing up this that and the other it's really getting boring mate!

If you channelled all your efforts in the same way to talk up the club instead of constant knock,knock,knock all the time you are seriously getting yourself in a state that you really can do nothing about, unless you win the lottery and make Smurf an offer!

Most of your vitriolie is I,m sure the fact that Smurf has rebuffed your offers of help in your emails to him and the fact that as you say you helped to rid the club of V2001 but I question the fact I don't think you would be happy whoever ran the club if the truth be known!

I'm sure come August he will have everything in place be it Players,Staff,Commercial activity,catering contracts and everything else that we need also the backing of the fans to buy season tickets and roll up for matches to support the club we all love

Football is very emotive and we are all Managers and Chairmen and would all do things differently but at the end of the day Smurfs in charge and Page is the Manager so we have to run with that until it all changes.

Just please stop with the constant whining about who owns the ground and he said this and he said that its really boring!!

Archived