onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Compete for top six or survival!!!

carpetman123

I hate the loan system and feel that our biggest problem was too many loans who upset the balance of the squad and motivation for fringe players. Our first season in league 1 under Adams was successful and consistent because we kept a largely settled squad. Last season most of the season featured loans either in the team or bench warming. Loans should only be brought in if we are either going to buy the player or due to injuries. Anything else is down to Smurf being tight and blaming fans for not making him rich running a league 1 club. If he wants money, he will have to invest properly as there is no money to be made in league 1.

Advert

Although the retained list casts doubt onon the Vales chances of any real success this coming season it is pointless that anyone should make predictions as to wether the club will be heading towards promotion or fighting to stay in league one; that is until new signings have been added to the squad.

Also if the present players considered to have more ability sign their contracts.

I think even the less sane Vale fan realises we won’t be challenging for the top six.

We struggled big time in the last half of the season, and with the better parts of the team moving on the season is likely to be played out in the bottom half of the table.

I am not been pessimistic , I am been realistic and would take 5th from bottom now.

The only problem I have is finding 4 teams that I think will finish below us !

Well considering we haven't made one signing yet it's pretty irrelevant. When we have our complete squad and so do other sides then let's start comparing. How you can say I can't see 4 teams worse even before a signing has been made is just silly. Give it a few weeks at least.

Well considering we haven't made one signing yet it's pretty irrelevant. When we have our complete squad and so do other sides then let's start comparing. How you can say I can't see 4 teams worse even before a signing has been made is just silly. Give it a few weeks at least.

Well we only had six teams below us last season and four of them were relegated.........you do the maths !

I hate the loan system and feel that our biggest problem was too many loans who upset the balance of the squad and motivation for fringe players. Our first season in league 1 under Adams was successful and consistent because we kept a largely settled squad. Last season most of the season featured loans either in the team or bench warming. Loans should only be brought in if we are either going to buy the player or due to injuries. Anything else is down to Smurf being tight and blaming fans for not making him rich running a league 1 club. If he wants money, he will have to invest properly as there is no money to be made in league 1.

Crewe brought in Alan Tate, Jamie Ness, Greg Leigh and Nicky Ajose on loan, thye would all get in our team !

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-follow-Crewe-loan-market-says-Valiants/story-26674852-detail/story.html

According to Phil Sproson Vale should take a leaf out of Crewe's book and replace Pope with Prem or Championship loans stating that its the way to go to STAY!!! in the league.

Now I dont know about you but I want us to replace Pope not with a cheapskate loan as the article smacks of us having no ambition and we should be grateful to bring in players that will be capable of just keeping us in this division.

We shall see in the coming weeks the quality of players coming in and the ones who are leaving but I certainly dont want us to be just looking to stay in this league!!

he's probably got a few useless players he can't get fixed up at other clubs so he's trying to dump them on us,sorry can't help being cynical,agents only work for themselves.

Happy for us to sign long-term loan players. The benefit is there for both clubs. We'd get (presuming the scouting was good) a talented young player at a relatively cheap cost, and the loaning club would have their playing gaining 1st team experience at a good level. To be honest, I don't know why it hasn't been something we've done previous. Adams didn't really like signing anyone under the age of 25, maybe that was it.

I've noticed Rowett has recommended players to Burton that he's released,they wont be toss so I expect them to have a go for promotion,pity we haven't got someone of that ilk.

Shrewsbury & Bury are spending [and have spent] a great deal of money on their teams so I don't expect them to struggle.

With Pope, Leon Clarke and Lowe in their squad Bury will score a few goals, that's for certain.

The League will, once more, be very competitive and we need to get off to a good start.

Plenty of time yet to sort out a starting XI before August though.

What Phil Sproson says makes sense but I was hoping Vale would retain Pope and loan a Championship/Prem player and to pay for it go for quality over quantity in the retained list.

Its a difficult one, do you get an experienced lower division player or do you get a young player who is unproven and might work ot it might not.

I do beleive if we do sign players on loan we need to give them a chance , players we signed last season on loan spent more time on the bench than on the field

I've noticed Rowett has recommended players to Burton that he's released,they wont be toss so I expect them to have a go for promotion,pity we haven't got someone of that ilk.

Be surprised if Burton are going for promotion come next May!

Archived