onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

After Saturday's events never has the gulf seemed so wide.

old sage

Advert

Don't worry Sage. It is a very very rare occurrence for the owner /manager to win in a dispute with supporters, particularly in the lower divisions. Like it or not Smurf will lose this fight, it is just a matter of when . The longer it takes the worse it will become and the less salvageable. Do the right thing NOW and admit you were wrong and the fans will back it almost 100 % , fail and it will be gates of 3000 and relegation. I love Vale and desperately want to go every Saturday but I just cant stand the drivel served up week after week by Page. As it stands I will not be there next season, I will be glued to the radio hoping for a good result but I wont be there.

Don't forget Smurf if you leave it until after June not only will you have the termination costs but you will have to offer incentives to get fans back.

Do the sensible thing and do it now. I know it makes sense.

I really do hope we start like a house on fire(you never know) just to see what you will be saying then Nick? because like it or not no matter how many times you say it no way on earth will Smurf get rid of Page at this moment in time after just giving him a 2yr deal.

We all know your thoughts on Page etc and imo it does you no favours to mention sacking him in EVERY post you make,you are better than that.

I really do hope we start like a house on fire(you never know) just to see what you will be saying then Nick? because like it or not no matter how many times you say it no way on earth will Smurf get rid of Page at this moment in time after just giving him a 2yr deal.

We all know your thoughts on Page etc and imo it does you no favours to mention sacking him in EVERY post you make,you are better than that.

I'll be saying see you at the start of the next season. Early bird or nothing

I'll be saying see you at the start of the next season. Early bird or nothing

Unless we win the first 5 games.

You need to look at your posts recently, they are absolutely laughable.

"the end is nigh" - Are you kidding me?

Take a step back and you'll see that we've offered a few contracts out. That's all. They haven't been signed yet, we're in talks with Inniss and Page is saying he wants another 4-5 signings.

This squad wasn't poor enough to go down, and I believe Page had a top half record over his spell in charge.

No doubt I'll get the old happy clapper label, and I'm not over the moon with certain contract offers, but christ almighty you have a short memory.

Unless we win the first 5 games.

You need to look at your posts recently, they are absolutely laughable.

"the end is nigh" - Are you kidding me?

Take a step back and you'll see that we've offered a few contracts out. That's all. They haven't been signed yet, we're in talks with Inniss and Page is saying he wants another 4-5 signings.

This squad wasn't poor enough to go down, and I believe Page had a top half record over his spell in charge.

No doubt I'll get the old happy clapper label, and I'm not over the moon with certain contract offers, but christ almighty you have a short memory.

I dont have a short memory. Though would you say the current strike force with Williamson higher up the pecking order is actually better than the one we had in league 2 previously? (Tom pope in the form of his life, lee hughes, marc richards previously?)

If williamson wasnt good enough to get into those sides, then he isnt good enough now.

Give them a bit of credit. They have obviously offered contracts on much reduced terms. If they sign then fine. If they move on then fine. Whichever way they have a few bob to improve the squad with 4/5 signings. Good on yer Rob and Smurf.

Reduced terms? They shouldn't have been offered a contract at all!!! Birchall and Williamson are consistently ****, Williamson a striker who hasn't scored for 20 matches, why has he been offered a deal?! And don't say 'he will be a squad player' give someone else a chance instead of having super willo on the bench who's got 0 in 20. Lloyd even if the offer is low, what is the point? He never got a look in under page. How the hell can you say good on you rob and smurf? If Adams had done the same you'd be going daft.

I dont have a short memory. Though would you say the current strike force with Williamson higher up the pecking order is actually better than the one we had in league 2 previously? (Tom pope in the form of his life, lee hughes, marc richards previously?)

If williamson wasnt good enough to get into those sides, then he isnt good enough now.

No, Williamson is one of the worst strikers I've seen.

The point is Page banged on about it not being his squad and then offers them virtually all a new deal. This I find amazing because after all that squad won just 1 game over the last quarter of the season. So if they failed then what is going to change them. Perhaps he is going to get a whip!!

We need to wait and see how it pans out.

It won't all happen but supposing that the better players signed and we had a first team consisting of Neal, Marshall, O'Connor, Moore, Pope, possibly Brown/Dodds, 4-5 new players and Inniss back on loan? That dunna sound bad does it?

A lot will go. Some on contracts might get paid off. Lines I think is on a big wage so if he went to BR that would help a lot.

Many of last year's players will be squad players. Some will leave. Some will stay and hopefully do well when they are playing alongside better players.

The point is Page banged on about it not being his squad and then offers them virtually all a new deal. This I find amazing because after all that squad won just 1 game over the last quarter of the season. So if they failed then what is going to change them. Perhaps he is going to get a whip!!

he must be putting it all down to bad coaching..... hang on.... what position did he play?

We need to wait and see how it pans out.

It won't all happen but supposing that the better players signed and we had a first team consisting of Neal, Marshall, O'Connor, Moore, Pope, possibly Brown/Dodds, 4-5 new players and Inniss back on loan? That dunna sound bad does it?

A lot will go. Some on contracts might get paid off. Lines I think is on a big wage so if he went to BR that would help a lot.

Many of last year's players will be squad players. Some will leave. Some will stay and hopefully do well when they are playing alongside better players.

So we lose someone of lines quality but offer deals to birchall and Williamson makes sense.

Give them a bit of credit. They have obviously offered contracts on much reduced terms. If they sign then fine. If they move on then fine. Whichever way they have a few bob to improve the squad with 4/5 signings. Good on yer Rob and Smurf.

it's pages contradictory comments which have inflamed me and I suspect quite a few others,i quote, by staying silent people may think you a fool so why speak and remove all doubt.

Archived