onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Experienced Assistant?

Difficult one to call (as long as it's not Glover) because Page is a wet behind the ears trainee manager who clearly needs an experienced assistant.....however if the experienced "assistant" is any good then it will beg the question should the experienced "assistant" not be manager

and the inexperienced "manager" not be the "assistant".........anyway as long as it's done on the cheap within a reduced budget to reflect the falling

gate receipts it seems measured and sensible as the club heads towards Championship football.

Advert

Why tell us we are probably appointing an assistant by last weekend if we aren't?

Keep mum until the ink is dry. Don't raise false expectations.

I agree, it doesn't matter much, one way or the other, so there was no need to mention it in public.

The worry must be now that our first choice pick has turned us down. Let's hope not.

if the experienced "assistant" is any good then it will beg the question should the experienced "assistant" not be manager

and the inexperienced "manager" not be the "assistant"

It is what is known as a Port Vale conundrum.

It is much more important to make the right appointment, preferably someone with experience who wants to come to the Vale or sees the opportunity. There can be many reasons why someone does not want to come, including distance from home, salary, job description, impressions of club and supporters, other offers, etc. I think the club was simply trying to keep supporters in the picture as far as possible and the word was probably, not definitely. Let's wait and see what happens.

Don't know much about him but I'm pleased Page has got him on board.

His ideas will be different from Grew/Glover and let's hope it marks a fresh beginning.

He ought to know of a few decent players given his experience so I'm more than happy to see him arrive.

Stoke on Trent football teams are full of Welshmen now. Maybe if you're Welsh you can get a reduction on the ticket price ;)

I must be a mining thing...

I think the fact he's coached within the Welsh set up is good. The Southampton thing is the interesting point for me though- because they're not exactly bad at producing young talent are they! On that basis, it looks to me like Page has said what he wanted in terms of experience and someone he trusts, Smurf has had his say about the direction he wants the whole club to progress in and they have come up with Paul Bodin. On paper it looks a sensible appointment

Archived